PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post
I just want to point out... I keep hearing about the keyboard freeze again and again. I posted about it before, but that seemed to get ignored:

It
Is
Not
The
Keyboard

Well, on my phone it is not the keyboard. At least on the last 4 versions of NRG's ROM that I've used, I will get the 5-10 second lockup when I'm scrolling in email, scrolling in Acrobat Reader, typing, or scrolling in Opera.

Except for the typing, the SIP is *never* active for the other tasks.

Now, I've not heard a single other person mention this lockup outside of the SIP, but this is a regular occurrence that is not (directly) related the SIP.

Can anyone else confirm the same lockup when the SIP is not active? Again, this is through 4 versions of EnergyROM plus I had it happen with BonzaiROM as well. Get a nice text .pdf file or something, say 100 pages long, open it in Acrobat, hit reflow, then start reading. I can guarantee that during those 100 pages I will experience one freeze or more.

I'm kind of pushy about this because it my previous post on this was pretty much ignored, but we all agree that it is annoying and want NRG to fix it. NRG might be able to fix it a heck of a lot better if he's not looking at SIP issues when it's not SIP related.

Again, can anyone confirm this behavior on their Diamond as well?
Maybe it's not the keyboard for you, but the keyboard is DEFINITELY what freezes for me. I almost never have a lockup when doing anything normal.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I like my pics saved where they were which was /internal storage/my documents/my pictures. Now they are in /internal storage/DCIM. How do I change this?

Also, what is the preferred MMS (Arcsoft, Someguy, Sprint, ect) for this ROM or is it already built in?
MMS is built in, it works for Sprint at least. When you receive an MMS you get a SMS message that tells ya, when you click on it, it brings you to PictureMail app and it works perfect for me. If you want Arcsoft MMS for some reason, its in the FAQ on the 2nd or 3rd post.

You can change the default Camera save folder through Advanced Configuration. It's under Start, Utilities, Tweaks.

Last edited by robsta; 09-22-2009 at 03:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

minkus82 is a n00b

What happened to the incall power managment? I really liked the way the backlight was controled on the aug 6th version. any way of doing that with this one, or letting the light sensor do it? I tried to use the diamond tweek for it but that didnt work.

***Are you sure arcsoft is built in...didnt work for me, i had to install jd's***

Last edited by minkus82; 09-22-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Iusacell

jmh_vera is a n00b

Hi guys, as i read in latest post, this new version has many issues so i will keep using the 6th septmber version until the said issues are corrected.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: Telus

Braka is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys, just use the NRG Tachi Disabler cab on the first page of the thread. It will help you resolve the "Talk button" issue...
Old 09-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh_vera View Post
Hi guys, as i read in latest post, this new version has many issues so i will keep using the 6th septmber version until the said issues are corrected.
I've been wondering what you have been up to ... thanks for sharing!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braka View Post
Hey guys, just use the NRG Tachi Disabler cab on the first page of the thread. It will help you resolve the "Talk button" issue...
id rather have the bug than use the winmo dialer
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A note on dialers: I have been playing with Resco's contact manager (facebook edition) and it is working flawlessly as my dialer.
Pete
Old 09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: Telus

Braka is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKNastY View Post
id rather have the bug than use the winmo dialer
lol i know that's ugly but at least it works fine hehe
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker

geona is a n00b

Just wanted to say thank you for this great ROM! I have tried most of the available ROM's for the Sprint Touch Diamond and have to say that the Energy ROM is the best one by far (for me at least!). It looks great, it's very smooth, organized and clean.

The Action button on the home screen is very useful and PIM Backup is a must to have. I cant keep my hands off of my Diamond! and will be waiting impatiently for the next release - so keep up the good work!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development