PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

likeminas is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Hello everyone!

First let start by saying that I love NRGZ8's roms. I have a touch pro and on my phone I have his latest rom with manila 2.5...After a few tweaks and fixes it's working like a charm.

Now, I have finally convinced my wife to ditch her stock rom and go with a custom.
She has a Diamond and from what I see NRGZ8's has several roms for it.
I want her to use a nice custom rom, but I don't want her to constantly nag me about bugs on her phone, so my question is; In your opinion, which one of the roms designed for the Diamond would be the most, bug-free and stable rom available?

I appreciate all the input. This forum has been a great source of information and the people in general are very helpful....

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by likeminas; 11-13-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Hello everyone!

First let start by saying that I love NRGZ8's roms. I have a touch pro and on my phone I have his latest rom with manila 2.5...After a few tweaks and fixes it's working like a charm.

Now, I have finally convinced my wife to ditch her stock rom and go with a custom.
I want her to use a nice custom rom, but I don't want her to constantly nag me about bugs on her phone, so my question is; In your opinion, which one of the roms designed for the Diamond would be the most, bug-free and stable rom available?

I appreciate all the input. This forum has been a great source of information and the people in general are very helpful....

Thanks in advanced.
Hi, it sounds like you are familiar enough to tweak your touch pro so you should easily get your wife's phone up and running. NRG has recommended the 21864 sys roms to be the most stable. So one of those in tf2.1 or 2.5 would work good. If you decide on flashing the 2.5 rom, there are some limitations due to the memory of the diamond. the Nov 5th release for example leaves you with 3mb memory left after flashing so you may be better off going with the latest 21864 tf 2.1 rom for now. NRG has been working on modifying his kitchen to make roms for devices like the diamond that have limited Storage memory (Device storage memory that is). There are some other options as well so if you go back to the release date and read the threads, you may find a couple more options that will allow you to free up additional memory. Also, check out post 4 on the first page for tips and tweaks for NRG's 2.1 and 2.5 rom. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advanced.
I recommend NRG's Oct 25th 21xxx Manila 2.1 ROM for stability. Minimal bugs and hangups. Only major bug is Manila SMS is very slow when typing, just use the Windows Mobile SMS, much faster.

Last edited by robsta; 11-13-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

or you can wait for this

from NRG's twitter page!

"Beta testing new Manila 2.5 ROM for VGA (Raphael and Herman mainly). New ROMs will be out tonite. about 2 hours ago from Digsby "
Old 11-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Been refreshing all night. No signs of the ROM yet
Old 11-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Craig3101 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
Been refreshing all night. No signs of the ROM yet
ditto
Old 11-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

His twitter page reads uploading vga semi lite diamond rom. but that was like 7 hours ago and still no sign of it. I guess we'll keep waiting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
His twitter page reads uploading vga semi lite diamond rom. but that was like 7 hours ago and still no sign of it. I guess we'll keep waiting.
yep, good to know. I'm sure we will see it today
Old 11-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i wonder if it'll include the latest 11-14 port of man2.5...
Old 11-14-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

I can't wait! I'm running PMD edit of the 11-5 ROM and it's been nearly flawless, I'm scared to try anything else!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development