PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Its a reallllllllllllllllllllllly good idea. It also depends on the kitchen of the rom builder. For instance, Calkulin has fixed this. So if anyone is using a rom cooked out of his kitchen, they will not have to do the flash dance.
The part that really surprises me is the hard resets. Part of the flashing process already hard resets the storage memory, why does the storage memory we need to be hard reset again?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23088/21864) ** |Nov 15th| Manila 2.1 &

Thanks!
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
The part that really surprises me is the hard resets. Part of the flashing process already hard resets the storage memory, why does the storage memory we need to be hard reset again?

I couldn't honestly answer that. I make the flash dance part of my routine though. I 99% dont have any problems when some others may.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

claviertekky is a n00b

1. Is there a fix to make the camera autorotate pictures to landscape mode when a picture is taken via landscape? When I upload pictures from Energy's roms, they always end up in portrait.

2. What happened to the 23506 builds?

3. Where is this manila msg fix? All I see people are pointing to this third party program that doesn't use the official MS one or manila one. That doesn't seem like it solves the issue with slow keyboard typing aside from hitting all messages to do your SMS messaging.

Last edited by claviertekky; 11-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
I couldn't honestly answer that. I make the flash dance part of my routine though. I 99% dont have any problems when some others may.
Nobody can! LOL. It's kinda like when your parents tell you to eat your spinach and you dont want to.. you ask why? they say its good for you and trust me... and you say but......and they say just do it!!

Here's the best explanation I can think of. Say your flashing a custom rom and you decide to flash a 6.1 rom (sys 21055), then you want to make a change and you flash another custom rom which is 6.5.1 (23504). You are going from one completely different sys to another, a carrier specific to generic (let's suppose), and different software combinations, versions of youtube, opera, bing, keyboards, etc, etc. Also you are bringing files that were saved in device memory (yeah some things seem to stick in there) and especially internal storage that are not completely compatible so you start getting minor errors like youtube failures and tf errors. You end up having multiple email cache saved to internal and album cache which could lead to problems. Or more important stuff like data is not working or you soft reset your phone and it hard resets. These are the common problems people experience and the only way to avoid them, is the to flash the shipped rom of your carrier which will reset your phone back to it's factory settings, then you can start from a clean slate. Some will disagree that you need to do one more hard reset post flash, which I don't do to be honest, but the main thing to do is flash the shipped rom. A good tip would be to go through your internal storage and remove folders like youtube that are saved from previous flashes. I usually go through internal storage>progam folder and remove folders that are saved that are unnecessary. for example if Bing is installed on the custom rom, then you are not going to save it to internal so remove it from internal storage>program folder.

Having said that if you are using NRG's rom series and he is staying in the same sys and its a minor update, you probably are good to flash away to the new rom. I would still review the internal storage in this case before flashing to the new rom. ok this was too long...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Nobody can! LOL. It's kinda like when your parents tell you to eat your spinach and you dont want to.. you ask why? they say its good for you and trust me... and you say but......and they say just do it!!

Here's the best explanation I can think of. Say your flashing a custom rom and you decide to flash a 6.1 rom (sys 21055), then you want to make a change and you flash another custom rom which is 6.5.1 (23504). You are going from one completely different sys to another, a carrier specific to generic (let's suppose), and different software combinations, versions of youtube, opera, bing, keyboards, etc, etc. Also you are bringing files that were saved in device memory (yeah some things seem to stick in there) and especially internal storage that are not completely compatible so you start getting minor errors like youtube failures and tf errors. You end up having multiple email cache saved to internal and album cache which could lead to problems. Or more important stuff like data is not working or you soft reset your phone and it hard resets. These are the common problems people experience and the only way to avoid them, is the to flash the shipped rom of your carrier which will reset your phone back to it's factory settings, then you can start from a clean slate. Some will disagree that you need to do one more hard reset post flash, which I don't do to be honest, but the main thing to do is flash the shipped rom. A good tip would be to go through your internal storage and remove folders like youtube that are saved from previous flashes. I usually go through internal storage>progam folder and remove folders that are saved that are unnecessary. for example if Bing is installed on the custom rom, then you are not going to save it to internal so remove it from internal storage>program folder.

Having said that if you are using NRG's rom series and he is staying in the same sys and its a minor update, you probably are good to flash away to the new rom. I would still review the internal storage in this case before flashing to the new rom. ok this was too long...
Very well said, Dave ...
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeXL View Post
If anyone needs a good opera browser Opera Mobile 9.7 35541 VGA is working brilliantly for me. I installed to main memory and I find it fast and stable. It even fully works with the manila internet tab (thumbnail generation works as well).

Download it here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486502
Does downloading to internal storage work?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
Does downloading to internal storage work?
Sure ... I have d/l cab files to internal storage on many occasions ...
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post

Thanks for the help on this!! =D>
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Sure ... I have d/l cab files to internal storage on many occasions ...
I meant for that specific build of opera (9.7 35541). a lot of the 9.7 builds don't properly save to internal storage..

Anyways, I'm going to try it anyways and I'll update here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development