PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Solomente is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

I tried the ezinput 2.0 compact qwerty cab from your tweaks and had the same issue. I don't know that it's the type of keyboard that's the issue. As Jarkmackson noted, there are other performance probs as well. I am getting the same dialer issues described in the previous posts, and when I call a number by accident and want to hang up immediately, I can press end 10 times and the dialer closes but there is no way to hang up the call short of pulling the battery.

Don't get me wrong, I think this rom is really nice, but the performance probs I'm having in the Sept 20 version are too much for me. I'll go back to the Sept 6 and then try out the next version, whenever it comes out.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

scolex89 is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomente View Post
So anyone else having major keyboard issues? With the Sept 6 version of the rom I got a little bit of sporadic keyboard freezes but nothing too noticeable. Basically it was the same old issue that's been discussed for a while. But now with this rom every 2nd letter freezes the keyboard for AT LEAST 15 seconds. It takes me five minutes to send a text saying "hey what's up". I have tried soft reseting, hard reseting, and later installed the compact qwerty cab from Riley's tweaks. Nothing fixes the problem. I'm going to have to revert back to the Sept 6 rom until that issue can be corrected.

Anyone else having this problem?
Are you trying to text from the TouchFlo screen or the all messages screen? I've noticed the horrible keyboard slowdowns when trying to text in touchflo but when i text from the winmo all messages screen it's fine.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:53 PM
N00b

I was texting from TouchFlo. Hadn't tried it from the winmo screen but I've already reflashed so I can't verify if it would have worked better
Old 09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolex89 View Post
Are you trying to text from the TouchFlo screen or the all messages screen? I've noticed the horrible keyboard slowdowns when trying to text in touchflo but when i text from the winmo all messages screen it's fine.
Yea I can second that. The Keyboard is great unless you use manila SMS. If you do expect really slow performance when texting. The Microsoft SMS is NOT affected, it is adviseable to use that.

I tried CMYLXGO's Rhodium Manila SMS Disable cab but it was designed for a different version of manila and doesn't work properly. Anyone know of a working version for our manila version?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Trio is just getting started

Great rom! Had a quick question...are the hard keys supposed to vibrate and if so can I disable it?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trio View Post
Great rom! Had a quick question...are the hard keys supposed to vibrate and if so can I disable it?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1892

Riley, may I suggest you add this solution to your FAQ post?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor

slightlyevolved is a n00b

I just want to point out... I keep hearing about the keyboard freeze again and again. I posted about it before, but that seemed to get ignored:

It
Is
Not
The
Keyboard

Well, on my phone it is not the keyboard. At least on the last 4 versions of NRG's ROM that I've used, I will get the 5-10 second lockup when I'm scrolling in email, scrolling in Acrobat Reader, typing, or scrolling in Opera.

Except for the typing, the SIP is *never* active for the other tasks.

Now, I've not heard a single other person mention this lockup outside of the SIP, but this is a regular occurrence that is not (directly) related the SIP.

Can anyone else confirm the same lockup when the SIP is not active? Again, this is through 4 versions of EnergyROM plus I had it happen with BonzaiROM as well. Get a nice text .pdf file or something, say 100 pages long, open it in Acrobat, hit reflow, then start reading. I can guarantee that during those 100 pages I will experience one freeze or more.

I'm kind of pushy about this because it my previous post on this was pretty much ignored, but we all agree that it is annoying and want NRG to fix it. NRG might be able to fix it a heck of a lot better if he's not looking at SIP issues when it's not SIP related.

Again, can anyone confirm this behavior on their Diamond as well?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I like my pics saved where they were which was /internal storage/my documents/my pictures. Now they are in /internal storage/DCIM. How do I change this?

Also, what is the preferred MMS (Arcsoft, Someguy, Sprint, ect) for this ROM or is it already built in?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started

Where can I get the default keyboard that is on that rom? I really liked it, is there a cab somewhere?thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
So anyone else having major keyboard issues? With the Sept 6 version of the rom I got a little bit of sporadic keyboard freezes but nothing too noticeable. Basically it was the same old issue that's been discussed for a while. But now with this rom every 2nd letter freezes the keyboard for AT LEAST 15 seconds. It takes me five minutes to send a text saying "hey what's up". I have tried soft reseting, hard reseting, and later installed the compact qwerty cab from Riley's tweaks. Nothing fixes the problem. I'm going to have to revert back to the Sept 6 rom until that issue can be corrected.

Anyone else having this problem?
Quote:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1892

Riley, may I suggest you add this solution to your FAQ post?
sounds good. will do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development