PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

Trying to find out if anyone is having problems with the keyboard popups? You know the icon that pops up when you press in a button, it lets you know what letter you pressed before it shows up in the text box.

Basically, it works for a couple text messages, and then it disappears. Sometimes it will randomly re-appear, but it will always re-appear after a soft-reset. I have flashed back to stock, cleared out my Internal Storage of any cache or old programs, flashed to EnergyROM, and then did a hard-reset. The programs I have installed are the same programs I installed on the last build, which did not exhibit this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Trying to find out if anyone is having problems with the keyboard popups? You know the icon that pops up when you press in a button, it lets you know what letter you pressed before it shows up in the text box.

Basically, it works for a couple text messages, and then it disappears. Sometimes it will randomly re-appear, but it will always re-appear after a soft-reset. I have flashed back to stock, cleared out my Internal Storage of any cache or old programs, flashed to EnergyROM, and then did a hard-reset. The programs I have installed are the same programs I installed on the last build, which did not exhibit this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
are you referring to the letter preview popup? if so, yes I have noticed this as well. NRG is not happy with this keyboard and intends on changing it. he is trying out a few different ones now to figure out which one will work best. Hopefully this will be solved soon. Additionally, changing the keyboard should also fix random freezes...that is let's hope.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Carrier: Cellcom

Minnesota is just getting started

Whats with the new Titanium home screen?

edit - Don't uncheck Windows Deafult :/

Last edited by Minnesota; 09-07-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

zfxp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to zfxp

I just have way too many issues with this rom, lags too much, way too much bloat. No offense.i love the theme, and visual mods. On the birght side.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
are you referring to the letter preview popup? if so, yes I have noticed this as well. NRG is not happy with this keyboard and intends on changing it. he is trying out a few different ones now to figure out which one will work best. Hopefully this will be solved soon. Additionally, changing the keyboard should also fix random freezes...that is let's hope.
Thanks rileyd5! That's exactly what I was talking about.

My phone soft-reset on its own today, don't know what that means, but it hasn't done it again yet. Battery was at 30% at the time.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

syavik is a n00b

Stupid question: how much main memory is taken after the install since I have a few megs left on my Diamond.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

pocketgamer is just getting started

Thanks for battery info. +1
Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syavik View Post
Stupid question: how much main memory is taken after the install since I have a few megs left on my Diamond.
I don't have an exact number since I've already installed stuff onto Main Memory, but its around 25-30 Megs after a clean install. After I have everything I want installed it is around 15 Megs, and then even lower after time due to Album cache and what not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:13 AM
kbw
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kbw is a n00b

new rom looks great...wish i coulda tested it b4 i upgraded to the pre
Old 09-08-2009, 06:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ST1N6R4y is just getting started

The camera doesn't rotate properly. If I take a landscape picture it will be saved in portrait. Then i have to go and rotate in manually... I know there is a registry edit to fix this, but i can't find it. Anyone help me out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development