PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
16613...don't have. In the rom 1.7.23 I went back to Opera v15306 from the original sprint rom for that reason. I ain't played with 15613, and don't intend too unless someone gives me a valid reason that the human eye can detect. Like the speed difference in the opera from the original, and new official roms. That is noticeable by even an old guy like me.

TMI: There is one registry setting @ HKLM\Software\Opera\Info:Bld where this is set. And I can number it what ever I want to, So, what build number do ya want.
sorry man, I meant 15613. I must have luck with this version for some reason. No big deal at all. I can run the cab overtop of the other. I was just curious if you noticed any difference. I tested a bunch of them when I did my browser comparison thread and found this version to be pretty solid. but others have reported differently so who knows. 15306 is definitely much more stable than the 15954 and it was good you made that switch. sorry again for being a pain in the arse...
Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.23 Updated 3/3/09

Seriously if your going to go through all the trouble of making a nice rom remove the freaking cmguardian crap.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Seriously if your going to go through all the trouble of making a nice rom remove the freaking cmguardian crap.
So, you may use a different carrier is that why you want that removed? Let us know what that does and I'll pass it on to my rom team. As I hope I stated earlier, this rom is designed to work with sprint and all I'm doing in this thread is just sharing my personal rom. It may work with other carriers, but no promises. You might try to install dcd's carriers cabs, I believe they will overwrite that file...

My rom team is fairly flexible...

Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

ok, im running the clean version now, just to see how different it is...and is it possible to do a new build on this, but add some of the stock stuff, like pic mail and sprint tv?

i know that might defeat the purpose of a "clean" rom, but your roms are like the stock roms with all the annoying crap removed and the good stuff added, thats why i like em so much..

one thing that i was wondering. coming from the vogue, when you responded to a text in threaded sms, it would say that you had read the prev text (ie getting rid of the text icon in task bar). im not noticing that in this. is it part of the diamond or your rom?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
ok, im running the clean version now, just to see how different it is...and is it possible to do a new build on this, but add some of the stock stuff, like pic mail and sprint tv?

i know that might defeat the purpose of a "clean" rom, but your roms are like the stock roms with all the annoying crap removed and the good stuff added, thats why i like em so much..

one thing that i was wondering. coming from the vogue, when you responded to a text in threaded sms, it would say that you had read the prev text (ie getting rid of the text icon in task bar). im not noticing that in this. is it part of the diamond or your rom?
That's a great idea, but yes it would defeat the purpose. What I can do is make the .cab's available for download though. I've tweaked on the sms I know but I don't remember specifically doing that tweak, but a few things changed after I tweaked the sms and put that input "box" in there... I'll have my new rom team dig into that and test their skills...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

i have the cabs for them. but im wondering if it would work a little better/faster if it was cooked in...

also, this is off the subject a little bit, but whats the best keyboard people have found? im tryin to run finger keyboard, but i cant seem to get it to run right...
im running ezinput right now, and liking it so far, but if anybody has a good idea on a keyboard that will work in landscape as well, im all ears...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
That's a great idea, but yes it would defeat the purpose. What I can do is make the .cab's available for download though. I've tweaked on the sms I know but I don't remember specifically doing that tweak, but a few things changed after I tweaked the sms and put that input "box" in there... I'll have my new rom team dig into that and test their skills...
who's your new rom team? are you accepting applications
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Seriously if you are going to make a statment like that, maybe you should take the time to read the thread and you would find out Rstoyguy might have the answer you are looking for. He is one of the most helpful Chef's out there. A little love goes a long way. It's all in how you ask.........
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
i have the cabs for them. but im wondering if it would work a little better/faster if it was cooked in...

also, this is off the subject a little bit, but whats the best keyboard people have found? im tryin to run finger keyboard, but i cant seem to get it to run right...
im running ezinput right now, and liking it so far, but if anybody has a good idea on a keyboard that will work in landscape as well, im all ears...
I think we need the latest sprint tv cab and nav cabs. I haven't noticed them out yet but if you have them, post them up please. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:

I haven't done any special tweaks to those, so it should work the same. You could install them with UC. The only difference being the time installing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
who's your new rom team? are you accepting applications
They seem to think I need to change a few things to make the rom "more popular". So after a couple pm exchanges, I challenged them to make it more "popular". They are supposed to upload their more "popular" version tonight so I can look at it. They appear to have quite a bit of knowledge for their post counts, and they have requested to remain nameless until they "fix" my rom... I think they just created new user names, but I don't want to bust 'em... Let them play their games lol... Let's give em a chance and see what they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I think we need the latest sprint tv cab and nav cabs. I haven't noticed them out yet but if you have them, post them up please. Thanks.
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll do it tonight. The rom has the newest sprinttv, but I liked the old sprint nav better so that's the one I installed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development