PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

I know Calkulin said that the internet arrows may not go dorment but would this be a battery issue as far as it staying connected.

Or is it actually connected or are the arrows just lit up?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
When you open the .nbh with PagePool_Changer.exe, it should put a dot in the circle corresponding to the pagepool. You can then just click the dot to what you want to change it to and press the 'change to' button.
But what he's saying is that where you have circle 1 around 6 nothing is selected. It's like the pagepool changer says that rom has a 0 MB pagepool by default.

So, what is the pagepool set to if we don't use the pagepool changer? Is it really 0? If not then that kinda makes me wonder if teh pagepool changer will ecven work correctly with this rom....
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Ceger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Wow, ok. Lol. Ill give that a try.

Problem came back upon a phone restart. I hope someone figures this out.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:41 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus View Post
But what he's saying is that where you have circle 1 around 6 nothing is selected. It's like the pagepool changer says that rom has a 0 MB pagepool by default.

So, what is the pagepool set to if we don't use the pagepool changer? Is it really 0? If not then that kinda makes me wonder if teh pagepool changer will ecven work correctly with this rom....
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if the PP is set to 0, then it is dynamically set by the OS. It is possible to have a 0PP and it's been debated in other threads as to whether it is beneficial or not.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I know Calkulin said that the internet arrows may not go dorment but would this be a battery issue as far as it staying connected.

Or is it actually connected or are the arrows just lit up?
My experience has been that with the later builds, the arrows just don't grey out. Really doesn't affect anything other than the aesthetics ...
Old 10-22-2009, 02:44 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceger View Post
Problem came back upon a phone restart. I hope someone figures this out.
Lol. I didnt get a chance to try.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if the PP is set to 0, then it is dynamically set by the OS. It is possible to have a 0PP and it's been debated in other threads as to whether it is beneficial or not.
Asked a question about PP a couple of threads ago. So because I left it at 6mb page pool, its probably not causing my lag?
Old 10-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

amalik65 is a n00b

Getting the errors when I extracted the zip file:

! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Cannot open Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1\EXT\Shared\Packages\Manila Options - 2.0 - Program Launcher - 3 Row Faves w 4 Row All 4.1\files\mxipupdate_Remove_Manila_Cabs_1.provxml
! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Cannot open Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1\EXT\Shared\Packages\Manila Engine - 2.1.38680.1 for PhoneCanvas 3.50+\files\mxip_FB_Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusines s_CA-1_DER_cer.provxml
! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Error - operation failed

Please help
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Asked a question about PP a couple of threads ago. So because I left it at 6mb page pool, its probably not causing my lag?
6Mb PP may be causing lag- again, it's debatable. When I made my ROMs, I usually set it at 16-20Mb. I found that had the best speed. Of course, it limits how much can be in Program memory. 6MB might work if you don't run a lot of programs at the same time and/or the programs you are running don't require a lot of memory.
The disadvantage to having the dynamic PP [set at 0] seemed to be that the OS took a little time to adjust and that sometimes-lag annoyed some people.
IMHO, a minimum static PP should be set to 12Mb.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalik65 View Post
Getting the errors when I extracted the zip file:

! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Cannot open Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1\EXT\Shared\Packages\Manila Options - 2.0 - Program Launcher - 3 Row Faves w 4 Row All 4.1\files\mxipupdate_Remove_Manila_Cabs_1.provxml
! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Cannot open Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1\EXT\Shared\Packages\Manila Engine - 2.1.38680.1 for PhoneCanvas 3.50+\files\mxip_FB_Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusines s_CA-1_DER_cer.provxml
! C:\Documents and Settings\amalik\My Documents\Downloads\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v4.1.7z: Error - operation failed

Please help
what are you using to unzip the file..? may want to DL 7zip & try again. http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Q8QaLdPEC3i6sg

i had no issues w/ 4.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom