PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Same here. I went back to shipping Sprint ROM, than upgraded to 23414 from website. Keep running into a hang when sending message. Couple other times, when I hit icon/image to create a new message, the list shows up with no contacts. At this point is when I know the hang will occur. The system becomes unstable and you have to hard reset. Other times, it works OK with SMS, but I know that I will hit this problem again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
will try to replicate the sms issue now. also, I guess there's a possibility that the roms Calcu posted have an issue. I know the one in the kitchen I produced is working pretty well. will get back to y'all..

edit: confirmed. same thing, hangs after sending the 2nd text message. it would not let me do anything so I pulled the battery, back in business. update. seems to be fine now if in the tf sms tab. if you try to create a new one and pick from contacts, it seems to be fine. if you type in a number, it has some issues. trying to break it again now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Sorry to hear that. I have that problem with both 23412 and 23053 from the previous kitchen. Was hpoing it was fixed in this one.
I wasn't having any problems with texting, but I decided to use the file calkulin posted at xda as a fix. After replacing msnewmnu.dll with the one he posted, my phone locked up on texting. I then reverted back to my ROM copy and texting works ok. If those of you with problems want to try the msnewmnu.dll (just the stock on in the 23053 SYS), I've attached it. Just copy to /windows.
Click to download.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

i can't even get an unedited 23414 rom built in the kitchen to flash. i keep getting a 270 error. to be honest, i would just use the 23414 rom that he posted, but i can't stand the blue wires background. i thought i was doing something wrong, but if a totally unedited build won't flash, it can't be me....right?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thank mwalt2. I was able to do it with total commander in case anyone tries dumping it through activesync which didn't work.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thank mwalt2. I was able to do it with total commander in case anyone tries dumping it through activesync which didn't work.
Did it fix it for you? I've been testing it and 1 time in maybe 10 it brought up the screen to choose SMS or MMS instead of going straight to text message (which was the same behavior I was having when it locked up using the other msnewmnu.dll).
Old 09-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Did it fix it for you? I've been testing it and 1 time in maybe 10 it brought up the screen to choose SMS or MMS instead of going straight to text message (which was the same behavior I was having when it locked up using the other msnewmnu.dll).
yes I think, honestly it only froze to the point of pulling the battery the first time before installing you fix, since then I noticed freezing after inputting the number to text and trying to tap down to type but when I switched from t9 to abc it worked. using the c qwerty (merdinh keyboard). also I didnt cook in mms so I never see the sms or mms screen.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unfortunately, having the same problem with device freezing when trying to create a text message with 23414 as I did with 23412.

Reflashed - it froze during customizations.

Rebuilt and reflashed - it customized, then froze when launching TF3D.

Back to Calk's old kitchen with reeseboy's 23412 SYS ...

Last edited by willysp; 09-24-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Unfortunately, having the same problem with device freezing when trying to create a text message with 23414 as I did with 23412.

Reflashed - it froze during customizations.

Rebuilt and reflashed - it customized, then froze when launching TF3D.

Back to Calk's old kitchen with reeseboy's 23412 SYS ...

that is strange. mine only required one battery pull and it's running great now.

edit: phone is freezing up again today. had to pull the battery twice now. Oh well, I'm sure things will be worked out soon enough Love the new ui and kitchen choices!

Last edited by Riley; 09-25-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
that is strange. mine only required one battery pull and it's running great now.
Well, I tried pulling the battery after the last freeze, and it booted just fine. Clearly something wrong - of course shouldn't have to do that.

And after booting, was able to send and receive a few text messages.

But, when trying to exit the text messaging app, it freezes again.

I'm unselecting Arcsoft MMS in the kitchen, BTW

Last edited by willysp; 09-25-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quick question...it I just want to use the default windows dialer, do I still need to add a phone canvas in the kitchen or don't include a phone canvas.

Reason I'm asking is because I chose use the manila 2.0 engine and selected the 2.0 canvas but when I am in a call and need the use the keypad its not accessible.

Oh and I am using the 23414 6.5.1 sys.

Edit: I went ahead and cooked the rom with the phone canvas and it worked just fine using the default windows dialer.

Last edited by KingArthur; 09-25-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 AM
A Geek For Eons

Just did a 23053 build. Flashed to Sprint stock first, then cleaned up Internal Storage, then flashed the 23053. It booted OK, customized OK. Played with it awhile - looked fine.

Then sent and received a few text messages - they worked, though the lag between entering the address and selecting the text area was long and took more than one press. And like my experience with 23414 a few posts above, when trying to leave the text messaging app, the device froze.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom