View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Same here. I went back to shipping Sprint ROM, than upgraded to 23414 from website. Keep running into a hang when sending message. Couple other times, when I hit icon/image to create a new message, the list shows up with no contacts. At this point is when I know the hang will occur. The system becomes unstable and you have to hard reset. Other times, it works OK with SMS, but I know that I will hit this problem again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
will try to replicate the sms issue now. also, I guess there's a possibility that the roms Calcu posted have an issue. I know the one in the kitchen I produced is working pretty well. will get back to y'all..

edit: confirmed. same thing, hangs after sending the 2nd text message. it would not let me do anything so I pulled the battery, back in business. update. seems to be fine now if in the tf sms tab. if you try to create a new one and pick from contacts, it seems to be fine. if you type in a number, it has some issues. trying to break it again now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Sorry to hear that. I have that problem with both 23412 and 23053 from the previous kitchen. Was hpoing it was fixed in this one.
I wasn't having any problems with texting, but I decided to use the file calkulin posted at xda as a fix. After replacing msnewmnu.dll with the one he posted, my phone locked up on texting. I then reverted back to my ROM copy and texting works ok. If those of you with problems want to try the msnewmnu.dll (just the stock on in the 23053 SYS), I've attached it. Just copy to /windows.
Click to download.
This post has been thanked 2 times.