View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Asked a question about PP a couple of threads ago. So because I left it at 6mb page pool, its probably not causing my lag?
6Mb PP may be causing lag- again, it's debatable. When I made my ROMs, I usually set it at 16-20Mb. I found that had the best speed. Of course, it limits how much can be in Program memory. 6MB might work if you don't run a lot of programs at the same time and/or the programs you are running don't require a lot of memory.
The disadvantage to having the dynamic PP [set at 0] seemed to be that the OS took a little time to adjust and that sometimes-lag annoyed some people.
IMHO, a minimum static PP should be set to 12Mb.

This post has been thanked 1 times.