PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

x42384 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5.1 / 23412 Build

Hi Folks

Thought I would try one more time on this forum, than give up on VK.

Have the Sprint Diamond. Everytime I load a flash with a newly built ROM from the VK, the Diamond hangs during load. Sometimes, it gets up to the apps install process, but upon first boot, it hangs. Have to do an emergency flash back to Sprint Stock. A coupel of times, I saw corrupted files names when I did flash with the VK build.

In the VK, I use all default settings, and only add the FM radio package. (the FM radio is really what I want). In the VK, I select DIAMOND, 0409, 23412/6.5.1 or 6.5. Chunck size is default 64. (for the language it always defaults to ITA, but I reselect 0409. (also make sure SPRINT carrier is selected).

Why is the build/flash successful, but the load fails. Any special settings needed in the VK?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: 6.5.1 / 23412 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Hi Folks

Have the Sprint Diamond. Everytime I load a flash with a newly built ROM from the VK, the Diamond hangs during load. Sometimes, it gets up to the apps install process, but upon first boot, it hangs. Have to do an emergency flash back to Sprint Stock. A coupel of times, I saw corrupted files names when I did flash with the VK build.

In the VK, I use all default settings, and only add the FM radio package. (the FM radio is really what I want). In the VK, I select DIAMOND, 0409, 23412/6.5.1 or 6.5. Chunck size is default 64. (for the language it always defaults to ITA, but I reselect 0409. (also make sure SPRINT carrier is selected).

Why is the build/flash successful, but the load fails. Any special settings needed in the VK?

have you tryed reselecting diamond as the device. it should populate the language, etc fields on its own when thats done. then all u need to do is select your sys/xip and 6.5, etc
Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi Folks

Ok, you select diamond from the drop down menu and the fields populate correct? 0409 stays if you select diamond in the drop down menu. also when you make a selection like sprint carrier do you make generic false?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
have you tryed reselecting diamond as the device. it should populate the language, etc fields on its own when thats done. then all u need to do is select your sys/xip and 6.5, etc
thanks. Yes, I have always reselected DIAMOND and it does correctly re-populate the other fields. All looks good except after I flash/boot with the new ROM. Very long painful process to cleanup the damage it does.

The 23053 build that I pull from the website runs just fine. It is only the ROM from the VK. There were a coupel other posts that ad the same problem, but I could not understand what the fix was.

Will keep trying though.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
thanks. Yes, I have always reselected DIAMOND and it does correctly re-populate the other fields. All looks good except after I flash/boot with the new ROM. Very long painful process to cleanup the damage it does.

The 23053 build that I pull from the website runs just fine. It is only the ROM from the VK. There were a coupel other posts that ad the same problem, but I could not understand what the fix was.

Will keep trying though.
ok, I guarantee you it's something simple like you have two primary sips selected or something else that is selected that shouldn't be. the best thing to do is make take some screenshots of your kitchen. post them here pm one of us to take a look. I had this same problem before with other kitchens and eventually figured out it was something so simple, drove me nuts. lol.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Ok, you select diamond from the drop down menu and the fields populate correct? 0409 stays if you select diamond in the drop down menu. also when you make a selection like sprint carrier do you make generic false?
Yes, it goes to 0409. (menu selections are ok) With the selections I choose, (23412/6.5), Sprint carrier is auto selected, and Generic is auto deselected. I think I will try again even after more than a dozen times).

The strange I always see (if I get past the boot loader) is corrupted files names. Ok, here goes again with the ROM build flash.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yes, it goes to 0409. (menu selections are ok) With the selections I choose, (23412/6.5), Sprint carrier is auto selected, and Generic is auto deselected. I think I will try again even after more than a dozen times).

The strange I always see (if I get past the boot loader) is corrupted files names. Ok, here goes again with the ROM build flash.
23412 is 6.5.1. Try that and see if it helps.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Used the blue manila select package.

Like when you tap the clock, the background turns blue, tap call history, blue. Those are all fine, however, when using the finger friendly menus WITHIN manila(like menu on music tab, tapping it makes the select blue as it should, however it doesnt fully cover it, the top and bottom still are white.
Anyone know if this a simple graphics problem or if anything needs to be adjusted?

Donate if you like my work!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got a problem with contacts, 23053 and 23412, I cant add new contacts. Those two plus 21857 wont let me add email or messaging groups.

So is that normal for 23xxx and 21 or not?

Thats my only problem left to overcome and I cant figure it out...so just wondering if it is out of my control.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

how the heck do you download (roms or kitchens?!) ?! are there links in the post?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom