PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5.1 / 23412 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
From what I've read, one of the advantages of the VK is that it requires fewer flashes to stock. I've had the opposite experience with this kitchen - I've had to flash to stock a lot more than I did with Calk's old kitchen.
yes, I heard the same thing regarding vk kitchens but just to be safe I still flash shipped each time. Plus I wonder if the additional UI changes coming through with the new sys and the 6.5.1 ext may cause more post flash issues, especially if you don't flash shipped in advance. I have tried all of the new sys's and cooked many roms in this kitchen and others and only once did I get a random hard reset issue. I follow my man Drybonz formula: from his rom thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Q: OMGZ!?!?! My phone is doing all kinds of crazy stuff like:
1) Randomly hard resetting
2) Hanging on the boot screen
3) My programs, or program icons are missing after I install them
4) My backup data seems to have been corrupted or is causing problems (like in my calendar appointments or causing my calendar to crash TF)
5) Other weird and major problems that nobody else seems to be having
Wtf do I do?!?! I'm Freaking out!!!! Help me or I swear I'll jump!!!
A) OK, calm down... back away from the ledge. This is a common thing and you can fix it very easily by flashing back to the shipped rom for your carrier (should be Sprint for most of us using this rom).

Q: *sniff* R-really? *wipes tears* How do I do it?
A: Here's what you do:
1) Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 and download the shipped rom for your carrier in the first post... not the stock rom, the shipped rom.
2) Flash the shipped rom.
3) After it boots, flash back to your preferred radio, as the shipped rom will restore the default radio, and update to your preferred PRL.
4) Hard reset by shutting down your device, pull your battery for 10 seconds, then hold in vol down, then the center button, then power, then wait for the white screen and follow the instructions.
5) After it boots you can then you can flash back to the custom rom of your choice.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketosneeze View Post
Could someone explain to me what the differences are between the four ROMs? I'm not sure which one to download. Thanks in advance.
sure: 21054 is a 6.1 release, 21857 is a 6.5 release but more original 6.5 with taskbar on top, 23053 and 24xxx series roms are com3 and com4 series with the newer UI enhancements listed on the first page. you can get more information on this but just wanted to give you a simple overview.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: 6.5.1 / 23412 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
From what I've read, one of the advantages of the VK is that it requires fewer flashes to stock. I've had the opposite experience with this kitchen - I've had to flash to stock a lot more than I did with Calk's old kitchen.
i generally flashed back to stock before every flash on the buildos kitchen and mainly so i could ensure no issues since the diamond was my main phone.

now with the VK I flashed to stock when it was 1st released and havent flashed to stock since.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond & 6700 & 800w

nize2beme is just getting started

ok, so 2 questions? is 9-23 VK linked here? I found it in Calks mediafire folder, but wasn't sure if it's good since the links here don't seem to work yet.

AND, is there a ROM for 23412? I keep trying to do the whole kitchen thing, but in the end just want a rom, it's easier for me b/c I am swamped w/ work, etc.

thanx guys
Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

man these releases are flying out!

plenty of new OEM/packages floating around, guess we're getting some updates! Thanks as always calc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
this worked, thanks again!
glad i could help man!

Last edited by SOHKis; 09-23-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
N00b

WAHOO!!! 23414!!! flashing now, thanx calk
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 AM
N00b

ARGH! just heard the demolition ROM will have 23435 tomorrow! WTF? in the last like 5 days 3 new 234XX builds
Old 09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor

Are there that many issues with this "virtual kitchen" that it's always being updated? Everytime I check to download, it's not posted...

Anyways...just sitting here waiting...

Now using the HTC Hero (Android)

Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nize2beme View Post
ok, so 2 questions? is 9-23 VK linked here? I found it in Calks mediafire folder, but wasn't sure if it's good since the links here don't seem to work yet.

AND, is there a ROM for 23412? I keep trying to do the whole kitchen thing, but in the end just want a rom, it's easier for me b/c I am swamped w/ work, etc.

thanx guys

I was going to publish that version but 23435 came out so I'm going to include that version instead and I also made some custom manila icons that I didn't include

Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
N00b

good news, well I'll wait for 23435 then and just delete this 23414. I have read other places having some issues still with 23414, no need to upgrade to it if it will be obsolete soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom