View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5.1 / 23412 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
From what I've read, one of the advantages of the VK is that it requires fewer flashes to stock. I've had the opposite experience with this kitchen - I've had to flash to stock a lot more than I did with Calk's old kitchen.
yes, I heard the same thing regarding vk kitchens but just to be safe I still flash shipped each time. Plus I wonder if the additional UI changes coming through with the new sys and the 6.5.1 ext may cause more post flash issues, especially if you don't flash shipped in advance. I have tried all of the new sys's and cooked many roms in this kitchen and others and only once did I get a random hard reset issue. I follow my man Drybonz formula: from his rom thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Q: OMGZ!?!?! My phone is doing all kinds of crazy stuff like:
1) Randomly hard resetting
2) Hanging on the boot screen
3) My programs, or program icons are missing after I install them
4) My backup data seems to have been corrupted or is causing problems (like in my calendar appointments or causing my calendar to crash TF)
5) Other weird and major problems that nobody else seems to be having
Wtf do I do?!?! I'm Freaking out!!!! Help me or I swear I'll jump!!!
A) OK, calm down... back away from the ledge. This is a common thing and you can fix it very easily by flashing back to the shipped rom for your carrier (should be Sprint for most of us using this rom).

Q: *sniff* R-really? *wipes tears* How do I do it?
A: Here's what you do:
1) Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 and download the shipped rom for your carrier in the first post... not the stock rom, the shipped rom.
2) Flash the shipped rom.
3) After it boots, flash back to your preferred radio, as the shipped rom will restore the default radio, and update to your preferred PRL.
4) Hard reset by shutting down your device, pull your battery for 10 seconds, then hold in vol down, then the center button, then power, then wait for the white screen and follow the instructions.
5) After it boots you can then you can flash back to the custom rom of your choice.