PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

deadave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Calkulin,

If I want easy access to the task manager, with a drop down list of the programs and an easy to click icon rather than clicking and guessing on the clock. What program do I need to install or remove from the rom?

My only complaint of the rom is that I do not have easy access to programs that are running in the background..

Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

What is contact picker? And will it work in 6.1?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadave View Post
Calkulin,

If I want easy access to the task manager, with a drop down list of the programs and an easy to click icon rather than clicking and guessing on the clock. What program do I need to install or remove from the rom?

My only complaint of the rom is that I do not have easy access to programs that are running in the background..

Thanks
thats a bug in the new sys 23069. the only way to access it is to tap at the clock and hold it down for 2-3 seconds. then it pops up. not a fix for it as of yet
Old 10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do you know what the reg edits are or have a link to fix the bottom bar covering up mobile shell? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's spb mobile shell 3.5 and running the 6.5 release (21867). You need to use showcase position program and add some reg settings to it if you want mobile shell on the 6.5.1 sys
Old 10-17-2009, 09:19 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurbanlegend View Post
Do you know what the reg edits are or have a link to fix the bottom bar covering up mobile shell? Thanks!
Check out this post and the one immediately after it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Check out this post and the one immediately after it.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

sorry to be slightly off-topic, but seemed the most likely place to get an answer, as there's lots of devs and tweakers in this thread and it's a common source for ROM components.

I'm experiencing a rather bizarre bug in current ROMs. I've tried EnergyROM 20091017 and Gadget ROM 20091016. Both have the newest Google Maps that's also in Calk's kitchen - 3.2.1.17.

The bug is this: basically, if I run Google Maps, enable GPS, wait for it to get a fix on my location, then scroll the screen a bit, the phone immediately crashes and soft-resets itself. Observed multiple times in both ROMs.

However, if I use an older-style ROM - MightyROM 6 final, with Google Maps 3.0.1.6 - I don't have this problem.

No-one else running either ROM seems to be seeing this. All I can think of is that it's somehow linked to my actual location - some kind of bizarro bug in Google Maps. I suppose I could test this by flashing a newer ROM again and trying Google Maps from someplace else...I might try that in a while, if I get desperate. It's annoying to be missing out on all the goodness from more 'modern' ROMs, but I can't live without Google Maps / GPS, it's one of the main things I use my phone for.

I live in Vancouver, BC. My postcode's V5R 6H5. Not sure if you can reproduce this bug by just going to where I live manually, though. I tried doing that on one boot - without enabling GPS - and it didn't seem to crash.

If anyone has any ideas at all or can shed any light on this, that'd be awesome! Thanks.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
sorry to be slightly off-topic, but seemed the most likely place to get an answer, as there's lots of devs and tweakers in this thread and it's a common source for ROM components.

I'm experiencing a rather bizarre bug in current ROMs. I've tried EnergyROM 20091017 and Gadget ROM 20091016. Both have the newest Google Maps that's also in Calk's kitchen - 3.2.1.17.

The bug is this: basically, if I run Google Maps, enable GPS, wait for it to get a fix on my location, then scroll the screen a bit, the phone immediately crashes and soft-resets itself. Observed multiple times in both ROMs.

However, if I use an older-style ROM - MightyROM 6 final, with Google Maps 3.0.1.6 - I don't have this problem.

No-one else running either ROM seems to be seeing this. All I can think of is that it's somehow linked to my actual location - some kind of bizarro bug in Google Maps. I suppose I could test this by flashing a newer ROM again and trying Google Maps from someplace else...I might try that in a while, if I get desperate. It's annoying to be missing out on all the goodness from more 'modern' ROMs, but I can't live without Google Maps / GPS, it's one of the main things I use my phone for.

I live in Vancouver, BC. My postcode's V5R 6H5. Not sure if you can reproduce this bug by just going to where I live manually, though. I tried doing that on one boot - without enabling GPS - and it didn't seem to crash.

If anyone has any ideas at all or can shed any light on this, that'd be awesome! Thanks.

id try a flash back to stock then a reflash of Calks rom
Old 10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AdamW is becoming a great contributor

2k4mach: sorry, you're right, I should have mentioned that - I did that each time. my usual flashing procedure is hard reset whatever ROM i'm running, flash stock, hard reset (from the 'tap to setup your phone' screen), flash to new ROM (from tap-to-setup), hard reset (from tap-to-setup), then let new ROM do its thing and start using it.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

ericlin0122 is a n00b

flashed ok.
One major problem:
The phone keeps sending random old sms to other people.
is it just me or ????????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom