View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:13 AM
2k4mach
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
sorry to be slightly off-topic, but seemed the most likely place to get an answer, as there's lots of devs and tweakers in this thread and it's a common source for ROM components.

I'm experiencing a rather bizarre bug in current ROMs. I've tried EnergyROM 20091017 and Gadget ROM 20091016. Both have the newest Google Maps that's also in Calk's kitchen - 3.2.1.17.

The bug is this: basically, if I run Google Maps, enable GPS, wait for it to get a fix on my location, then scroll the screen a bit, the phone immediately crashes and soft-resets itself. Observed multiple times in both ROMs.

However, if I use an older-style ROM - MightyROM 6 final, with Google Maps 3.0.1.6 - I don't have this problem.

No-one else running either ROM seems to be seeing this. All I can think of is that it's somehow linked to my actual location - some kind of bizarro bug in Google Maps. I suppose I could test this by flashing a newer ROM again and trying Google Maps from someplace else...I might try that in a while, if I get desperate. It's annoying to be missing out on all the goodness from more 'modern' ROMs, but I can't live without Google Maps / GPS, it's one of the main things I use my phone for.

I live in Vancouver, BC. My postcode's V5R 6H5. Not sure if you can reproduce this bug by just going to where I live manually, though. I tried doing that on one boot - without enabling GPS - and it didn't seem to crash.

If anyone has any ideas at all or can shed any light on this, that'd be awesome! Thanks.

id try a flash back to stock then a reflash of Calks rom