PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 30 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I'm not trying to flame you or your ROMs; I think I had some very unfortunate luck and I'm not sure why. I re-downloaded your ROMs multiple times to ensure nothing was corrupt even.

I'm just frustrated with all the time I wasted during my holiday vacationing to fix many issues that left me without calls/texts/emails from people I needed to talk to.

Slmclarengt
Morale of the story. Don't flash a new rom right before you go on holiday vacation. Brightest thing to do would have been to go back to the last stable rom you were using until you had time to experiment.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Calcu, I have been using your ROM for maybe a week or two along with your kitchen. I had been using other ROMs before switching to yours but recently I had only problems with every ROM of yours (from 3.7 to 3.8 including ROMs I built in your kitchen). Particularly incredible instability and hard resets when I soft reset, complete loss of Windows Mobile as a whole (only POST but never boot), Defunct OS (Start Menu suddenly only had "Today/Programs/Settings" NO other items). I hard reset, soft reset, re-flashed (using Bootloader because OSes all failed too horribly to boot), had errors like "program won't open", significant slowness and freezing.

I cannot count on two hands how many hours I have spent troubleshooting my phone, but I do know once I loaded the Sprint Stock ROM again, suddenly it was reliable and stable, but I don't know WHY! I may try other ROMs soon again to see if it was related to the OSes or perhaps the unlocker (Cmonex's).

For now, I'm working with the Sprint stock ROM and it actually is quite responsive compared to my recent ventures :-\.

I'm not trying to flame you or your ROMs; I think I had some very unfortunate luck and I'm not sure why. I re-downloaded your ROMs multiple times to ensure nothing was corrupt even.

I'm just frustrated with all the time I wasted during my holiday vacationing to fix many issues that left me without calls/texts/emails from people I needed to talk to.

Slmclarengt
Dude, I feel your pain. I had a similar experience over the Christmas holidays. But, you should know that all of us flashing custom roms run the risk of corrupting some part of our phone's os or software. The chefs of the roms use their best efforts in creating a functional product and ask our feedback, good and bad to improve their work. There will be times when a rom could be buggy and need major sys, oem or xip overhaul. If we didn't accept this risk, we should all just keep our phones locked with stock roms and radios. I personally appreciate all the time and effort this creative community of chefs puts into making our lives a bit more interesting.

Last edited by egriffin; 01-01-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Calcu, I have been using your ROM for maybe a week or two along with your kitchen. I had been using other ROMs before switching to yours but recently I had only problems with every ROM of yours (from 3.7 to 3.8 including ROMs I built in your kitchen). Particularly incredible instability and hard resets when I soft reset, complete loss of Windows Mobile as a whole (only POST but never boot), Defunct OS (Start Menu suddenly only had "Today/Programs/Settings" NO other items). I hard reset, soft reset, re-flashed (using Bootloader because OSes all failed too horribly to boot), had errors like "program won't open", significant slowness and freezing.

I cannot count on two hands how many hours I have spent troubleshooting my phone, but I do know once I loaded the Sprint Stock ROM again, suddenly it was reliable and stable, but I don't know WHY! I may try other ROMs soon again to see if it was related to the OSes or perhaps the unlocker (Cmonex's).

For now, I'm working with the Sprint stock ROM and it actually is quite responsive compared to my recent ventures :-\.

Slmclarengt
Happened to me as well. And yes flashing the stock ROM for my phone worked. Then reflashed Calcu's latest and all is well. Weird......

Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus View Post
Happened to me as well. And yes flashing the stock ROM for my phone worked. Then reflashed Calcu's latest and all is well. Weird......
I have this issue now as well. Can someone give me some steps for flashing back to stock? I downloaded the one from the TC/Ghetto kitchen and it just comes with an .nbh
Old 01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

flash the stock shipped ROM via the exe... i think it's on the ftp

here it is -ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20ROMs/

Last edited by SOHKis; 01-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Ambrose is becoming a great contributor

DB - use this one ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar it will reset your phone to the way it was out of the box. Then flash whatever radio you want, then any custom rom. You should be good to go after that.

-Ambrose
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
flash the stock shipped ROM via the exe... i think it's on the ftp
Agreed, flash the stock shipped rom which includes the stock radio. I tried the stock rom only, and it didn't work (see my posts in the unlocking/flashing thread). Indagroove explained why the shipped rom/radio works.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

effudee is just getting started

I had the defunct OS issue too with the 3.8 kitchen. I thought it was something I installed that wasn't compatible with the new kitchen. I didn't flash back to stock rom though. I used the button combination to hard reset and it was fine? but i flashed back to mighty's rom after that. i'm on 3.9 test 3 right now and haven't had an issue yet.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

OK, thanks guys. Does flashing back to stock fix this for good, or have people been having repeat issues like this?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Ambrose is becoming a great contributor

Since this is a relatively new phenomenon, I think it's too soon to tell. But if it pops up again at least we know how to fix it now.

-Ambrose

Last edited by Ambrose; 01-01-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: can't spell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom