PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Okay....couple more detail questions for you guys:

What is the real difference between the landscape and portrait manila themes?

And does anyone have a screenshot of the home screen with the Juggalo X Manila theme? I'm curious what it looks like, and i might have missed it in this thread.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

kurter is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [ Jan 27 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Calkulin,

Thanks for the updated (2nd upload) V4.2.1, as this has fixed my reported Over-The-Air ActiveSync calendar issue.

SprintTV worked perfectly for me on the first 4.2.1 version. This was a major accomplishment as I haven't had this working since either the 6800 Mogul days or the stock Sprint rom on the Diamond.

However now with V2 of 4.2.1, SprintTV played the "intro" when loading, later, when clicking on a video, it gave the all to common 7004 connection error. After rebooting, it acts like it's going to play a video, switches screen for 1/10th of a second to another (yet unidentified) window, and then reverts back to SprintTV.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

I did a build last night based on 4.2. All the fixes seem to be in place, and it's fast and smooth.

What I did notice is a big drop in battery life. As measured by acbPowerMeter overnight, my average reading at idle with an hourly IMAP mail ping was 146 mAh, compared to readings in the high 50's with the 4.2 preview kitchen. This with G-light sensor polling set to 4000 and the IR beam turned off.

I may rebuild tonight

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)

Last edited by Glossman; 01-28-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Yeah, looks like it's just a typo and 21139 was actually removed, due to camera not working, instead of added, as it says in the OP.
I believe you can d/l the 21139 sys and plug it into the kitchen. The camera does not work with that sys though so maybe somebody can figure it out.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Ok guys...setup question for you. Is there a way of saving the People Tab so that my favorites all populate after each flash. That's the one piece i still do by hand.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Ok guys...setup question for you. Is there a way of saving the People Tab so that my favorites all populate after each flash. That's the one piece i still do by hand.

Thanks
You can do this with UC customization in most of the current custom roms, including this one. You will need to follow the SDConfig tutorials found around the forums. I hadn't used SDConfig until this rom and everything loaded just fine. You can also use a program called Sashimi to reload all your cabs and email accounts after you flash. The SDConfig loads them from your storage card as part of the flashing process. Hope this helps!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ Jan 19 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.2 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.4, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
As a follow up... after 3 days of testing with the SIP from the 4.1 kitchen, I have not noticed any freezing while typing.
Can you provide this in zip file? I don't have the old kitchen and the new 4.2.1 still gives me the freezing issue. Much thanks!!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed the Sprint Clean Rom and I also notice a lot less battery life from 4.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
I did a build last night based on 4.2. All the fixes seem to be in place, and it's fast and smooth.

What I did notice is a big drop in battery life. As measured by acbPowerMeter overnight, my average reading at idle with an hourly IMAP mail ping was 146 mAh, compared to readings in the high 50's with the 4.2 preview kitchen. This G-with light sensor polling set to 4000 and the IR beam turned off.

I may rebuild tonight
Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Is it just me or have people had allot of problems with 4.2.1. Main problem huge battery drain, I mean twice as fast as 4.2, also my phone locks up every day, in the morning when I wake up to unlug it from the charger I have to always take the battery out to use it. I went back to 4.2 last night and all problems gone.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
Is it just me or have people had allot of problems with 4.2.1. Main problem huge battery drain, I mean twice as fast as 4.2, also my phone locks up every day, in the morning when I wake up to unlug it from the charger I have to always take the battery out to use it. I went back to 4.2 last night and all problems gone.
Twice the battery drain is about right. Data connection is not constantly on, either.

I just started researching this on my own, and hopefully one of us will find a solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom