PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 27 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.7.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzjn9p View Post
OS Versions.

I've been following this thread and a while back Calcu stated that 20931 was superior to 19974 and hence the change. Since then its gone from 20931 -> 20940 -> 20954... Am I to assume that 20954 >> 20931 > 19974? I'm sure there are reasons. I'm just curious what the benefits are.

thanks

20954 is running on my phone better than 20940, 20931 & 19974 did. It's a little quicker than the rest of them but I can't call it more reliable yet as I've only had it for a couple of days but so far it does seem so

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

xzjn9p is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
20954 is running on my phone better than 20940, 20931 & 19974 did. It's a little quicker than the rest of them but I can't call it more reliable yet as I've only had it for a couple of days but so far it does seem so

Thanks looking forward to trying this out when my diamond arrives in a couple days.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:51 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
I have had this for a couple of days, and I can say the speed is amazing. Very very very quick.

My phone has run quite stable as well, I don't think that I have hard reset since I flashed to my newest build.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
20954 is very nice. However, I found the battery life to be better on 20940.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:26 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Personally, I am still preferring 19974.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i found 19974 to be pretty quick, haven't been on 20954 long enough to really tell. plus i gotta make a few changes to the most recent ROM i've cooked. hope to get another out today.

sent a few beers your way calcu, thanks as always!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Bell

binder7 is a n00b

I have not tried this new release yet. I am downloading it now. However, in all other versions, i always have a problem with the email connecting to gmail. Sometimes it wont download my new messages, and sometimes it will randomly delete my messages off my phone. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or knows of a way to fix this. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Personally, I am still preferring 19974.

19974 did seem to initialize programs a little faster but no PIE 6 and the slight memory leak are really the only negatives to it, besides that, it's was my favorite SYS until 20954 came around

Quote:
Originally Posted by binder7 View Post
I have not tried this new release yet. I am downloading it now. However, in all other versions, i always have a problem with the email connecting to gmail. Sometimes it wont download my new messages, and sometimes it will randomly delete my messages off my phone. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or knows of a way to fix this. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Thanks

I personally don't use gmail, so I can't say but try it and let me know if it still doesn't work and I'll open a account to test it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I am very new to the Diamond, coming from the vogue.

I generally use the same application setup ... the device it is as much as a day-planner (schedule, tasks, contacts) as a communication device (phone, email, txt).

I was using 20931 for a couple of days, but found or felt that battery life was very poor ... on both days I had to plug in to get some juice.

With this build of 20954 I am just about through my work day and I am still above 50%.

The obvious caveat is that I am new to the diamond and this is purely non-scientific observation with very few data points.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-29-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo
Carrier: sprint

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am very new to the Diamond, coming from the vogue.

I generally use the same application setup ... the device it is as much as a day-planner (schedule, tasks, contacts) as a communication device (phone, email, txt).

I was using 20931 for a couple of days, but found or felt that battery life was very poor ... on both days I had to plug in to get some juice.

With this build of 20954 I am just about through my work day and I am still above 50%.

The obvious caveat is that I am new to the diamond and this is purely non-scientific observation with very few data points.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Hi ,
What radio You are?
My personall expierence that diferent sys (or roms) acting diferent with radio.With telus radio i got more bars and exellent batery on 20759.One bar more than on newer 20954 or 19974.Can sombody coment on that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom