PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 27 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.7.1 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

One last thing. It appears that the customer feedback is back - at least in the kitchen. Was that on purpose? It's easy enough for me to just pass through the prompts, but if its an easy fix in the kitchen files, might as well fix it.

Thanks for all the hard work Calcu
Old 12-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

As for the messaging tab listed above...i don't have any issues. My menu button brings up new, reply, etc.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
One last thing. It appears that the customer feedback is back - at least in the kitchen. Was that on purpose? It's easy enough for me to just pass through the prompts, but if its an easy fix in the kitchen files, might as well fix it.

Thanks for all the hard work Calcu

I added it back because I'm starting to think that was the cause of some very weird issues I was seeing and some were posting about(corrupt menus, ROMs not starting after hard reset, etc), so if it isn't the cause, I will fully remove it again

Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Gotcha. Obviously it's simply a minor annoyance...so i'd rather have stable and keep it then be rid of it and risk issues.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I added it back because I'm starting to think that was the cause of some very weird issues I was seeing and some were posting about(corrupt menus, ROMs not starting after hard reset, etc), so if it isn't the cause, I will fully remove it again
Calc, the following is a post I recently put in the locking/unlocking thread. The instability in my phone started after loading the 3.7 version of your rom. I tried a few other roms after that with the same instability results. I'm not saying it was your rom that caused the problem, but after reading the above post, I thought you might have some insight. I cannot get my phone to recover. I absolutely love your roms. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a million.

"My unlocked phone started to act up and I couldn't get it to remain stable with any rom . I reloaded the original Sprint rom and original antenna then tried to relock the phone considering I likely needed to return it to Sprint. That's when I ran into trouble. The relocking process didn't work and I repeatedly get an error code 262. I've tried the recovery process three times and continue to get the error code. BTW, the phone is STUCK in bootloader mode and appears to be locked... "CMONEX" is not on the page as it was when the phone was unlocked. The tricolored page says, "Upgrade ROM code error please try again" When I connect to the computer, it does change from serial to USB. Is there anything more I can do?"
Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rrusek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
Mine has never frozen but here's a the previous version from the last kitchen and see if it still does it. If you using the kitchen, you still need to install the other one since this cab only has the exe files and none of the image files
Tried installing the attached cab and got the error:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions"

I am running on the 3.7.1 kitchen. I assume the problem is that the .exe(s) in the cab are already in rom and they cannot be overwritten.

Is there a easy fix or do I need to replace the exe(s) in the kitchen and rebuild it all?

Also what happend to the 5% battery? when I use the FlnixNOver simple I still get a empty red battery icon.

Thank you,
Rob
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Calc, the following is a post I recently put in the locking/unlocking thread. The instability in my phone started after loading the 3.7 version of your rom. I tried a few other roms after that with the same instability results. I'm not saying it was your rom that caused the problem, but after reading the above post, I thought you might have some insight. I cannot get my phone to recover. I absolutely love your roms. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a million.

"My unlocked phone started to act up and I couldn't get it to remain stable with any rom . I reloaded the original Sprint rom and original antenna then tried to relock the phone considering I likely needed to return it to Sprint. That's when I ran into trouble. The relocking process didn't work and I repeatedly get an error code 262. I've tried the recovery process three times and continue to get the error code. BTW, the phone is STUCK in bootloader mode and appears to be locked... "CMONEX" is not on the page as it was when the phone was unlocked. The tricolored page says, "Upgrade ROM code error please try again" When I connect to the computer, it does change from serial to USB. Is there anything more I can do?"
I had a similar problem, and finally discovered that my internal storage had gotten corrupted. Might try formatting it and see if that helps. Just a suggestion.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

Don't post much at all but have gotten quite a bit of pleasure from your ROM software so I thought I would share a problem that I came across.

Kitchen: Calcu 3.7.1

When I cooked and flashed my Diamond ROM all seemed well. I tweaked all of my personals as usual then let the phone go for the night. Next day I was taking some pictures and when I went to the Album to browse them the phone locked up. No Prob I just did a hard reset and tried again. Same issue... so I rebuilt the ROM and Reflashed. Same probem with the photo album locked up. everything else seems to work great. I went back to the 3.6 Kitchen with the older SYS files reflashed and then it worked fine.

Bare in mind this all might just be something I have done, sure you tested it out. I just thought it was strange and have seen problems like this before when upgrading linux kernals, I figured if this is a real bug you outta know. I want to use the newer SYS and like your Kitchen but I am afraid I am not learned enough at the time to solve the problem.

Later Daze
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
Has anyone noticed when you go to the messages tab and click the menu button (bottom right) the menu button doesn't work?

Can this be fixed, I'd like to have that menu working so I can just select "reply" from there instead of having to open the message and click another menu button.
Works fine for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus View Post
I had a similar problem, and finally discovered that my internal storage had gotten corrupted. Might try formatting it and see if that helps. Just a suggestion.
i saw that suggestion earlier this week and it didn't help. Right now, I cannot get the phone out of bootloader...uggggh!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom