PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Dec 30 \ OS 5.2.20954 v3.8 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hey Calc, just flashed 3.8 base rom. My gps is not working. I do have location setting on and com 4 selected. Is this normal for the base roms? I did hard reset the phone after flashing the ron.
I had the exact same problem.

Should i go back to 3.7.1 or is there a quick fix?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZESZE View Post
Calku...the custom RUU is crashing as soon as i start it....this happened in 3.7 also....the funny thing is i can use any other RUU i have just not your's...at first it was giving me a runtime error....something with Microsoft visual asked to terminate application in an unusual way....that stopped and now it just crashes as soon as i go to start it up....everything else is flawless.....i'm running Vista ultimate 32bit

I have 2 RUU, the one you have and the other is the one I prefer but gives some people the virus alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
I had serious issues with 3.8 on my first go round. The customizations froze, and from there forward, i got stuck on the boot up screen with no progress. I managed to reflash and rebuilt the ROM and this time around it seems to have gone smoothly.

I tried adding the manilla landscape, but buildOS kept finding duplicate files, and i didn't want to screw something up by deleting too many things, so the second time around i just left the landscape unselected.

I did notice that the Update PRL is there, but the Update Profile selection is not. Any reason. I don't think its an issue, because i've only had to use it once, but i thought i'd point it out.

I'll report tomorrow about battery and usage.

Select 1 manila only, your selecting a portrait and landscape. As for the update profile, mine is there and I just checked the Sprint carrier and everything is there, I haven't touched that in a while, so I don't know why yours did not show

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hey Calc, just flashed 3.8 base rom. My gps is not working. I do have location setting on and com 4 selected. Is this normal for the base roms? I did hard reset the phone after flashing the ron.

Mine works, I've actually been using it for the last 2 days for once

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
I had the exact same problem.

Should i go back to 3.7.1 or is there a quick fix?

What program are you using to check?

EDIT: I found the cause, I moved a file by mistake, I'm reuploading now

For the ROM user, just install this cab and it should work now
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPS.cab (195.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Calkulin; 12-30-2008 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

I tried the HTC GPS as well as Tom Tom. Neither picks up a device.

I'll try these as soon as i can.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

I built a rom with the build_os + package tools and it went through everything but crashed when it was transfering the file to the custom RUU If I take the rom adn just use it with another RUU is that ok or did something not finish and it may brick my phone?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
I built a rom with the build_os + package tools and it went through everything but crashed when it was transfering the file to the custom RUU If I take the rom adn just use it with another RUU is that ok or did something not finish and it may brick my phone?

If something errored out somewhere, I wouldn't use it. But it could also be the RUU, so it's up to you
Old 12-30-2008, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor

Sorry if this has been posted in here already, I did a brief search and found nothing.

Can anybody confirm having an issue with the first letter disappearing when typing an SMS message using the diamond keypad? (specifically the compact qwerty)
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nitefall is just getting started

How do i get the package tools to work I pointed to teh folder that they are in in your set of folders but it said a file was missing and didn't load anything? Is this basically for rom developers and not needed to build a regular rom?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Everything is back up, I also added options for the drivers now. I really need to get some sleep tho, damn Verizon
Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jcarter View Post
Sorry if this has been posted in here already, I did a brief search and found nothing.

Can anybody confirm having an issue with the first letter disappearing when typing an SMS message using the diamond keypad? (specifically the compact qwerty)

Try SIPChange and see if it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
How do i get the package tools to work I pointed to teh folder that they are in in your set of folders but it said a file was missing and didn't load anything? Is this basically for rom developers and not needed to build a regular rom?

Thanks

I tend to try to use 1 folder only, either OEM or packages, so just put everything in the OEM so you don't have that problem
Attached Files
File Type: cab SIPChange 1.1.CAB (226.1 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom