PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Aug 15 ] [ 23017 \ 23028 \ 21054 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Shipped by definition should contain the radio.

As has been discussed before, Manila 2.1 does not play nicely with PimBackup, so if thats how you are restoring your contacts, you could be in for some issues. If you have ever restored with PIM backup, even if you changed to using activesync the underlying issue will still be there, even after restoring to your phone via activesync.

The solution so far is to use pimbackup as normal to backup your contacts, and then copy the PIM.VOL file from the root of your phone ('/'). Make it an OEM and have it moved to the root directory from the windows directory upon user customization and everything works smoothly.

edit: pim backup adds some kind of meta data or something which is not compatible with manila 2.1 and is not removed when using activesync instead (even if you are restoring to a newly flashed phone using activesync) I assume there could be problems with other backup programs too if they backup contact information in a binary format.

Last edited by omnicronx; 08-19-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

bmxmike is a n00b

Glade I came back and read these pages; Have been having so many problems with the Rom but was only after using pim backup. Installed the rom 10 times doing clear internal storage and hard resets and going from stock roms and everytime after I restored back-ups I couldn't use the phone or anything else and thought I might of had bad flash or something. Glade to know that it's just the back-ups cause I liked the rom till started messin up
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorestfump View Post
Just to update - my latest flash from last night seems to be going good. Pretty heavy use today and no problems. The last few things I did include (not sure which did the trick):
  • flashing the telus radio (from the bell radio)
  • flashing the bell stock (shipped) rom
  • clear storage
  • flashed the latest energyRom standard.
  • clear storage
  • restored all contacts and calandar via activesync
  • installed all my apps, setup email accounts etc...

I also now will always keep a copy of the shipped rom on my internal storage incase something like this happens again. I know that was a rookie mistake but after a few dozen flashes on my diamond I guess I was a little over confident hehe. (I did previously have Calkulin's there which wasn't flashing after this issue started.) It would have saved me a few hard resets
Just for the record. I'm using the ROM from the HTC site for the Telus Diamond when I flash "shipped" ROM. This is not the very earliest ROM that Telus came out with at first but it is what they are coming with from the factory now. Is this OK or do I need to find the original one with the old radio to actually flash "shipped"?

Other than that question I have been following your steps exactly. I am encouraged to hear that you found a config that works. I'll keep trying.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
Just for the record. I'm using the ROM from the HTC site for the Telus Diamond when I flash "shipped" ROM. This is not the very earliest ROM that Telus came out with at first but it is what they are coming with from the factory now. Is this OK or do I need to find the original one with the old radio to actually flash "shipped"?

Other than that question I have been following your steps exactly. I am encouraged to hear that you found a config that works. I'll keep trying.
The shipped ROM from HTC's site is fine. You can use either the old or new and it should not matter. The new shipped ROM probably contains a radio update over the old one, so I'd just use that one if it was me.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Due to the admins on this site, I'm stopping development of the kitchen on PPCGeeks, I wish you guys the best......

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ Stopped Development ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Since I had the new kitchens done, I will be posting them on here this afternoon as my last kitchens on PPCGeeks...........

Also, please don't ask why I'm leaving, just keep the questions related to the kitchen only

Last edited by Calkulin; 08-21-2009 at 09:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started
Re: [ Last kitchens coming this afternoon ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

i think its funny how all the posts after this were deleted. some asking what happened, others showing support for him, and within a few mins of me reading it, they were all deleted. What a shame the admins did to Calkulin, the only reason I go here is for him. I hope we can find where he goes so we can continue supporting him.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Since I had the new kitchens done, I will be posting them on here this afternoon as my last kitchens on PPCGeeks...........
Any info on what happened and why you are done here?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi33 View Post
Any info on what happened and why you are done here?

Let's try to keep the post related to the kitchen only please, as I that is what this thread is about. But let's just say did not agree with the way a Moderator handled something
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:42 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Last kitchens coming this afternoon ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

I'll try the following again with your new kitchen and see if it works, but with your last released kitchen for 23017, I had taken your SYS for 21840 and dropped it in. Built OK on the computer, but when flashed, I got an error screen on the device saying 'look at HTClog'.

Would you expect that to work, or are there some imcompatibilities with the current kitchen and an older SYS? I had done this in order to build a stable long-term ROM based on 21840. But, am liking 23017, so may not be an issue.

Thanks. (I've learned that the manner in which one asks for something is as important, and sometimes more so, than what one asks for). Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom