PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kris926 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Aug 15 ] [ 23017 \ 23028 \ 21054 ] [ v5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
1. I flashed another maker of rom to try the new Rhodium manilla (I think it was Energyrom)
2. I had some stability issues with it so I tried to go back to the Calkulin rom that was out one version newer than 7-21. I started having this issue where the rom would come back up after my hard reset and run nicely it seemed for a few minutes then it would run into some lockup or infinite wait cursor at varying places the when i power cycle it it either does not get past the bootloader screen (Touch Diamond) or it comes back as another hard reset. Usually it'll lock up within a minute.
Are you restoring any data using a backup program? I was having stability issues on the Mighty4 and MightyGroovy ROMS. I thought it was the ROMS but they were supposed to be rock solid. I noticed it seemed to be tied to my contacts. I flashed Calkulins 6.1 ROM and did not use SPB backup to restore the contacts. So far, so good. I've seen it mentioned that people have had problems after using PIM backup.
I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but it's worth a look.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Hey guys,
I was on the NRGZ ROM prior and loved the In Call Screen Tweak being active.
I installed it on Calkulin's basic ROM but can't get it to work. If anyone has it working properly would love some advice about getting it running.
Thanks.
Just bumping to see if any suggestions at all.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a cab for Nikoan89 Rhodium EzInput (v2.2)?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All of you guys having flash problems. Have you tried flashing on a different computer? Its possible that there may be something on your computer that may be corrupting the flash process. Just a suggestion.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Ladies and Gentlemen with flashing problems should go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508 for a possible soln.. I experienced this several months ago... and it seemd to work... I honestly think it is related to backup type software...... I think the key for me was formatting my internal storage.... I also tried turning off the synconizing files in active sync....

Trust me this isnt a permanent problem you have not been striken by the ROM flashing gods (or should it be Official Carrier Rom Gods?).... anycase good luck

Cheers,
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

Quote:
Are you restoring any data using a backup program? I was having stability issues on the Mighty4 and MightyGroovy ROMS. I thought it was the ROMS but they were supposed to be rock solid. I noticed it seemed to be tied to my contacts. I flashed Calkulins 6.1 ROM and did not use SPB backup to restore the contacts. So far, so good. I've seen it mentioned that people have had problems after using PIM backup.
I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but it's worth a look.
I've seen what you're talking about. Unfortunately I am not using any backup or restore function at all. Just clean flash.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen with flashing problems should go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508 for a possible soln.. I experienced this several months ago... and it seemd to work... I honestly think it is related to backup type software...... I think the key for me was formatting my internal storage.... I also tried turning off the synconizing files in active sync....

Trust me this isnt a permanent problem you have not been striken by the ROM flashing gods (or should it be Official Carrier Rom Gods?).... anycase good luck

Cheers,
Again, I know of what you're speaking of if you have a ROM that won't boot past the initial bootloader screen, yes, we can go into the bootloader and re-flash. Unfortunately that doesn't address why any ROM I/we flash other than stock seems to be flaky to the point of not running for more than a couple minutes after the initial flash and reset.

Thanks for the support!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Victor)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

gorestfump is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
Again, I know of what you're speaking of if you have a ROM that won't boot past the initial bootloader screen, yes, we can go into the bootloader and re-flash. Unfortunately that doesn't address why any ROM I/we flash other than stock seems to be flaky to the point of not running for more than a couple minutes after the initial flash and reset.

Thanks for the support!
Just to update - my latest flash from last night seems to be going good. Pretty heavy use today and no problems. The last few things I did include (not sure which did the trick):
  • flashing the telus radio (from the bell radio)
  • flashing the bell stock (shipped) rom
  • clear storage
  • flashed the latest energyRom standard.
  • clear storage
  • restored all contacts and calandar via activesync
  • installed all my apps, setup email accounts etc...

I also now will always keep a copy of the shipped rom on my internal storage incase something like this happens again. I know that was a rookie mistake but after a few dozen flashes on my diamond I guess I was a little over confident hehe. (I did previously have Calkulin's there which wasn't flashing after this issue started.) It would have saved me a few hard resets

Good luck folks! Thanks for all the tips as well!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorestfump View Post
Just to update - my latest flash from last night seems to be going good. Pretty heavy use today and no problems. The last few things I did include (not sure which did the trick):
  • clear storage
  • clear storage

I also now will always keep a copy of the shipped rom on my internal storage incase something like this happens again. I know that was a rookie mistake but after a few dozen flashes on my diamond I guess I was a little over confident hehe. (I did previously have Calkulin's there which wasn't flashing after this issue started.) It would have saved me a few hard resets

Yes that is a wise thing to do, I always keep my shipped ROM on my internal storage and flash custom through usb just incase something goes wrong and my phone becomes unresponsive while at work or etc, that way I can quickly flash stock ROM
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorestfump View Post
  • clear storage
  • clear storage

You might want to reverse steps 1 and 2. Shipped ROMs also flash the radio (at least with Sprint, but I imagine it's probably the same).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom