PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Apr 24 \ 21043(6.1) & 21501(6.5) v4.6.4 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.6 & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Perhaps a flash back to "shipped" ... and then a re-try?
Been there, done that . I really don't know what is causing it. I do have Mobile Shell 3 installed, but I don't know if others who have this problem use it as well. It seems to happen mostly when either pushing the power button to turn off the screen or shortly after waking it up using the power button. Core player also stops playing music when I use the power button to turn off the display. If I use the blank screen option in Core player, it works and plays music with the screen off. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somehow related to the device sleep settings (which is why I also initially thought it would be nuedynamic clock causing the problem).

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-30-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Not sure if this will help, but have you tried using different video drivers? (Omnia software drivers are the default in his kitchen). This should have nothing to do with it, but it is worth a try, I've had problems with the Omnia drivers and playback in the past.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Been there, done that . I really don't know what is causing it. I do have Mobile Shell 3 installed, but I don't know if others who have this problem use it as well. It seems to happen mostly when either pushing the power button to turn off the screen or shortly after waking it up using the power button. Core player also stops playing music when I use the power button to turn off the display. If I use the blank screen option in Core player, it works and plays music with the screen off. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somehow related to the device sleep settings (which is why I also initially thought it would be nuedynamic clock causing the problem).
mwalt2 ... I just got back from a long walk, and here's what I discovered. I normally have my power settings on 1 minute on battery, and 2 minutes on external. I also have the backlight set to auto adjust. I finally was able to continue listening to internet radio via Opera, by disabling the 1 and 2 minute power settings. The screen would dim due to the auto adjust being on, but not one stoppage in over an hour of walking. Not sure if this will help, but might be worth a try.

edit -- in case you're wondering, I'm using a custom 6.5 rom cooked in Calcu's kitchen ... no touchflo, no manilla, just the basics.

Last edited by wmdunn; 04-30-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Calcu's v4.5 w/ telus v1.04

wrxtuner is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to wrxtuner

so here is a question that i have searched over and over for and still cant find anything except for other people asking the same question, but I have been using Calku's kitchen for some time now, but have finally gotten to the point where I dont want to have to install cabs after a new flash, so I made OEM's for all of the programs that I normally install, at first was getting a duplicate file error, and found the file causing it and fixed that, now Build OS gets an error saying that it cannot create default.hv or user.hv. I know that it is a problem creating the registry but dont know what to do next...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
mwalt2 ... I just got back from a long walk, and here's what I discovered. I normally have my power settings on 1 minute on battery, and 2 minutes on external. I also have the backlight set to auto adjust. I finally was able to continue listening to internet radio via Opera, by disabling the 1 and 2 minute power settings. The screen would dim due to the auto adjust being on, but not one stoppage in over an hour of walking. Not sure if this will help, but might be worth a try.

edit -- in case you're wondering, I'm using a custom 6.5 rom cooked in Calcu's kitchen ... no touchflo, no manilla, just the basics.
Hi all just thought that I would chime in on this issue. I'm using Calkulins 6.5 rom and also experienced this. Went to music and selected play all, then used the power button to turn of the screen....thats where things started to go down hill. The music stopped, when i turned the screen on again the slide bar had disappeared. I wanted to reboot but the start menu didnt work... my device started to freak out... then reset itself. Dont care about music all that much, but I remember this error back when i was using mighty rom... you'd dim the screen and it would break the player... not sure what the fix was but it eventually worked.

Hope this is in some way useful.

Cheers,
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

wrxtuner:

Don't know about others, but this is why I usually add my custom OEM's one at a time. All I can suggest is post the custom OEM's you are using and see if anyone here has encountered problems with one of them in the past. Otherwise when I get that error I usually go back and try removing the newly added OEM's one by one. Next time you may be better off installing your new custom OEM's one at a time so you can locate the problems. I find it will save more time in the long run.

In fact I just had that problem yesterday with the Facebook app that I OEM'd, since I flash one at a time (don't go through the entire process, just flash see if it makes it to setup screen and then add the next one) I knew what the issue was almost right away.

In the past I have spent hours trying to fix custom OEM problems. Taking 5 minutes to test a single OEM seems like a lot, but when you spend hours trying to fix problems afterwords, you will be more than thankful you did.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Hey guys, I cooked my first ROM today with Calkulins 21043(6.1).
Im so impressed I wish I would have done this along time ago!
The only problem Iv encountered so far is Need For Speed underground no longer works. I had the same problem when I was running Mightys ROM, has anyone ever found a fix for this?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Its probably an OpenGL ES game.. what video driver are you using?

edit: i.e switch to the OEM D3D ati driver to see if it works.

Last edited by omnicronx; 04-30-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Calcu's v4.5 w/ telus v1.04

wrxtuner is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to wrxtuner

Thank for the help Omni,
its funny that you mentioned having a problem with your facebook OEM that you made, it seems that is the same thing that I am having my hangups from, found out how to look at the logs to see what is causing the problems. Did you happen to find a way to get the facebook oem to work or basically just installing it using the cab?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:24 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxtuner View Post
Thank for the help Omni,
its funny that you mentioned having a problem with your facebook OEM that you made, it seems that is the same thing that I am having my hangups from, found out how to look at the logs to see what is causing the problems. Did you happen to find a way to get the facebook oem to work or basically just installing it using the cab?
Awesome I hadnt thought about that! I used the omni drivers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom