PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [FINAL] [06.26.09] MightyROM4 w. OEM BASE Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
So if I am running sprint, what is the difference between the regular rom and the OEM? Also, if I have the updated 2.00 radio, is that a problem?
running sprint? you mean you have a sprint phone or have the stock sprint ROM on your phone? the OEM Mike just released the other day is for people that want to cook their own ROMs. something you dont need to worry about if you are happy with mikes ROM as it is. updating to any radio is not a problem. All it does is change which towers your phone connects to. different radios will give you different reception (how many bars you have) depending on where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade007 View Post
Is there a reg hack to change the TXT message sent notification on the new ROM?
Can't do it via the Settings>Notifications page, it's not listed.
if you are using this ROM that is already removed. If you are not using this ROM then try it out, or search for the cab that removes the sound.

Quote:
If you mean the difference between MightyROM and OEM, MightyROM is faster, cleaner, better battery life, updated apps, ....and the list goes on and on, plus it's the best ROM out there for the Diamond (IMO). The OEM ROM just plain sucks.

Don't know about the radio, I though the latest Sprint radio was 1.11, didn't know there was a 2.0
no, mighty ROM is the ROM. the OEM mentioned in this thread is for people that want to make their own ROMS based on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
What makes it better than the others? And yes, it is 1.11, not 2.00 (I meant the non 1.00 version that shipped with the phone I got). I just received this phone from Sprint as an upgrade b/c my old Touch was going bad.
if you want to know what makes it better just read...he has removed a lot of crap that slows down the stock diamond and made it look like the GSM diamond which is a lot cleaner than the goofy looking childs toy which is the stock diamond.

Quote:
Stability, much much better battery life, and updated apps......just those 3 are enough for me to ditch the stock Sprint ROM. It's also a lot cleaner, doesn't have all the garbage Sprint's has under the hood, plus Mighty cleaned up the registry.

As far as the radio version, this ROM actually comes with 1.11 already cooked in.
this ROM doesnt come with any radio. your radio will remain the same after flashing this ROM. if you want a different radio go to the radio thread stickied at the top of this thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i have been using the latest kitchen and it is hands down the best rom i have ever used!!! I have only one small problem, when i click on the taskbar and the black notification screen pops up with the signal and the battery % and lest say when i have a new txt msg and it shows it below the signal and batt, when i click on it, the new txt msg bar lights up blue, to indicate that i clicked on it but it does nothing?? is this what is supposed to happen?? has anyone here seen this?? and would anyone have any ideas on how to fix it??? Thank you very much for any help!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
i have been using the latest kitchen and it is hands down the best rom i have ever used!!! I have only one small problem, when i click on the taskbar and the black notification screen pops up with the signal and the battery % and lest say when i have a new txt msg and it shows it below the signal and batt, when i click on it, the new txt msg bar lights up blue, to indicate that i clicked on it but it does nothing?? is this what is supposed to happen?? has anyone here seen this?? and would anyone have any ideas on how to fix it??? Thank you very much for any help!!!
..but your Massive signature says Mystery. Isn't this the Mighty ROM thread?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:17 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And yours has GrooveROM5.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:19 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
And yours has GrooveROM5.
It sure does, and I'm not coming here saying that I'm using the Mighty kitchen either -- which was my point. He said that this is the best kitchen ever, but it says Mystery in his sig. Get it? Isn't it obvious, Mister?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch

Arts is just getting started
Smile Re: [ROM] [FINAL] [06.26.09] MightyROM4 w. OEM BASE Included

Thanks Mike, great ROM, I love it. Just a question, is it possible to assign one of the soft keys to jump to the "programs" tab? I can't seem to be able to do it as there is no programs.exe that I can assign using the Advanced Config Utility.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

I made a misstake and posted in the wrong thread............. Slaps face with hand....lol
Old 07-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Is this basically the same as 4.16? I ask cause I got the best battery life with that version but it doesn't seem to be available for DL anywhere. Just got my brand new REFURB(damn you sprint!) today & I'm about to flash.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-03-2009, 11:51 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Is this basically the same as 4.16? I ask cause I got the best battery life with that version but it doesn't seem to be available for DL anywhere. Just got my brand new REFURB(damn you sprint!) today & I'm about to flash.
ummm yes? thats like asking if the new BWM is like the old BMW. uhhh. ya, except its newer...new stuff. still WM 6.1 if thats what you're asking...
Old 07-03-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
One issue that I may be having with this ROM, and I have no idea whether it is generic to all ROMs, is the adjustment of in-call volume.

I typically have my phone set on Vibrate-only all the time. Whenever I get a call, I can't seem to adjust the volume at the earpiece.
So while the AudioPara3 overwrite seemed to help, I still wasn't entirely satisfied with the result. So I searched some more, and found this thread which correctly identifies the source of the problem:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47252

Basically, I had disabled the HTC dialer and reverted to the WM default dialer -- I prefer it as being more compact and including TALK and END buttons on the screen. The above thread notes that doing this breaks the HTC volume control app so that incall volume adjust no longer works. I confirmed this to be true.

So now I have to either find an HTC dialer I like or also disable the HTC volume control app. In case any, this part of the mystery is solved... (thanks)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development