PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.04.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Well I'm back to MR4, after using MR5 for a couple of weeks... I just couldnt take WM6.5 unpredictiveness for doing wierd stuff... like the phone app failing mid-call, BUT the call would not drop, but theres no way to hangup other than hitting reset.

Anyways WM6.5 is slow and since I use TF3D I really dont see much of WM6.5 other than the offset icons, but I do really like the Rhodium Menus/Notifications and Enhancements...

Well now I really dont care at all for WM6.5 as now I am running WM6.1 with Topaz Notification Manager.

This combo kicks ***...
Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: [ROM] [JUNE.04.09] MightyROM4 [Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 21051 Build 21051.1.6.4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Well I'm back to MR4, after using MR5 for a couple of weeks... I just couldnt take WM6.5 unpredictiveness for doing wierd stuff... like the phone app failing mid-call, BUT the call would not drop, but theres no way to hangup other than hitting reset.

Anyways WM6.5 is slow and since I use TF3D I really dont see much of WM6.5 other than the offset icons, but I do really like the Rhodium Menus/Notifications and Enhancements...

Well now I really dont care at all for WM6.5 as now I am running WM6.1 with Topaz Notification Manager.

This combo kicks ***...
+1 on that
Im running juicys Rhodium right now and Im still trying to see the benifit to 6.5.........and failing
I cant tell its one bit faster, and I know its not as stable and I still dont think I like the start menu.
So again I ask..... whats the benefit???

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
+1 on that
Im running juicys Rhodium right now and Im still trying to see the benifit to 6.5.........and failing
I cant tell its one bit faster, and I know its not as stable and I still dont think I like the start menu.
So again I ask..... whats the benefit???
inevitability I guess lol!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
inevitability I guess lol!
Latest and greatest, huh?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Latest and greatest, huh?
definitely lastest but not necessarily the greatest. good thing is we have so many roms to choose from and great chefs like Mike that offer both. (even though a certain chef recently mentioned is rooting for the Wings!) just kidding.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:11 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
definitely lastest but not necessarily the greatest. good thing is we have so many roms to choose from and great chefs like Mike that offer both. (even though a certain chef recently mentioned is rooting for the Wings!) just kidding.
Ya can you believe how many new chefs there are!?
Seems like just in the past little bit theres been a buncha new ones popup.
Variety is nice..
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond CDMA
Carrier: TELUS

Bray Matter is a n00b

Well, low an behold....I decided I'd do a clear storage and reinstall NFS and still no worky. Then I decided to try disable TF3D, install NFS cab, re-enable TF3D and soft reset. To my amazement its working once again. Not sure if its the combo of clearing storage and reinstalling, but figured it was worth mentioning what I did to get it to work.

Quote:
None whatsoever, Iv never got it to work on any of Mikes ROMs.
But I did flash Mikes 4-16 Touch Pro ROM onto a buddys phone and NFS worked great for a few days then he got the memory error and its never worked again even through multiple hard restarts.
I really wish someone could figure out the problem but I dont have a clue what it could be
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
It dosent show up in the program menu if its in the start menu dropdown.

ahhhhhh...makes sense. I always remove it from my start menu dropdown, so thats why it is in programs.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

1 quick question,
link in the front page [rhodium/topaz notification cab] is no longer active.
Where can I find it? I googled and found a link at xmd but it won't let me install it and it's close to 5mb in size...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Metro PCS

smikin_metropcs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
When flashing different ROMs that use different SYS, there may be some stuff that they leave behind that doesn't get wiped all the way. The recommended procedure for flashing is to hard reset, flash SHIPPED (not stock), flash new ROM, then Clear Storage.

Yes it's a little longer and a minor pain up front, but following this method will save you plenty of headache and potential hard resets down the road I promise

Thank you guys so much for the extremely helpful knowledge. I have a sprint HTC touch Diamond (flashed to Metro PCS) but would like to know which "Shipped" ROM will work for me? I seen a link for the Altel Shipped ROM in post 9083, will that work?

Is ROM Update Utility 3.27.4.3 a shipped ROM?

Much appreciation for any & all help.

Last edited by smikin_metropcs; 06-05-2009 at 11:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development