PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Im interested in moving on to Mystery's and trying it out...but I cant seem to get in gear and just do it. I am like Pixelpop, I dont see the freezing issue very much. I do text a lot but I dont type fast enough to clog it up and cause a freeze. (and my Uno game only slows down now, it doesnt freeze anymore) So, my only problem is the Album..HTC's one big thing about their Albums..finger gestures and they dont work. ARGH!!!

So changing now would only accomplish two things, a chef who works continuously on the phone I use and potentially an HTC properly working Album, other than that nothing could be better. Mike did a great job while he had the Diamond and I don't expect much from him now, its only a courtesy he continues Diamond ROM dev for our loyalty.

So I say thanks Mike for the ROM's, (I have all back to 2.7) when I came aboard from Juicy's ROMs. We all appreciate what you've done, plus all that is to come. However from here on out, I foresee anything that is to come, is only a bonus...something to make our day...someday. No worries and no hurries...once you get it up to your standards, we will all be here or will at least come running back to check out the new hotness you give us.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

you guys really need to stop crying for a new update , like rileyd5 said this is not the thread for you to talk about other roms, and if you want more frequent updates i suggest you jump ship to a different rom that has weekly updates, mike has already stated that he is NOT leaving the Diamond out to pasture and he also said he WILL continuing to make diamond roms , he is even planning a v5 and most likely more after that( i hope),

maybe he has a life of outside of ppcgeeks and has to tend to his own **** before he can take care of all of us. have you ever thought of that??? mike will do what he does and so what if he puts out more TP roms than Diamond atleast there is a Diamond mighty rom for you guys to even use!!!! if the guy dont want to realease the rom because he wants it to be perfect, then let him do it and when he is ready to realease it he will !!!!

thats just my 2 cents,
Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

lordmyst is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
So I say thanks Mike for the ROM's, (I have all back to 2.7) when I came aboard from Juicy's ROMs. We all appreciate what you've done, plus all that is to come. However from here on out, I foresee anything that is to come, is only a bonus...something to make our day...someday. No worries and no hurries...once you get it up to your standards, we will all be here or will at least come running back to check out the new hotness you give us.
Agree.

And rileyd5, admittedly I had a selfish motive in posting on this thread, and it was because there's a large captive audience of MightyROM users. I would probably not get this if I started my own thread. Since I'm currently also a MightyROM user I specifically wanted their opinions and comparative feedback.

So if Mike had an easily damaged ego (which I'm sure he doesn't), my post could be construed as inappropriate. But if it ends up sparking an informative discussion about the different options out there and how they compare to this rom, it would provide value for everyone here.

In any case, I don't usually participate in the boards here so I apologize if I exhibited poor etiquette. I'm just looking for information and this was the best place to get it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seamus is just getting started

4.6 is one of the most STABLE roms out there. It works... it just plain works. It's speedy and intuitive. Not getting an update for a few weeks is not necessarily a bad thing. Makes one realize the update wagon is like CRACK... you keep needing a new fix. When the DT's set in, and I saw that Juicy had new updates, natch I tried. However, in two days, I updated twice and came back because of the stability. I say that if we have to wait... so be it. Enjoy the time and relax.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
4.6 is one of the most STABLE roms out there. It works... it just plain works. It's speedy and intuitive. Not getting an update for a few weeks is not necessarily a bad thing. Makes one realize the update wagon is like CRACK... you keep needing a new fix. When the DT's set in, and I saw that Juicy had new updates, natch I tried. However, in two days, I updated twice and came back because of the stability. I say that if we have to wait... so be it. Enjoy the time and relax.
same here this is absolutely the best and most stable rom i have ever used !!! other than maybe 2 or 3 very small problems that really arn't that bad IMHO 4.6 is pretty much prefect in my eyes. so if there is a 4.7 , then sweet , if not oh well cause mike has already stated that there will be a v5
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys, if I can pipe in here. Mysterys ROMs are pretty sweet. I've been on Mystery 1.3 for over a week, getting ready to load 1.4 this weekend. He's got most of the major issues worked out. There is still the occasional 12XXX issue but it running pretty smooth for me. It's HD manila so those who aren't fans might not like it. His thread is pretty quiet and could probably use the attention. Just thought I should let ya know. I love MSR and I eagerly await a 4.7 or a Final(dare I say it),, but it is another option.

Editops just read back a few pages,,I feel bad now..

Last edited by majorassface; 03-18-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My only issue is the SIP freezing but Mike was having a hard time nailing that down so I don't blame him for that.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 AM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I agree. People need to shut their vaginas and quit whining. This 4.6 is perfect..I know the freezing thing is there. But we're on a balance scale here, try to add other things, something else will go ape. There are too many PROs with this rom. I've tried every ROM in this forum.. No, really, I did. I tried one at XDA too. I even tried cooking my own - that didn't go over so well, and I'm glad I still have a working phone.

Seriously though. Mighty 4.6 is the best ROM out there - take it or leave it.

I'm happy to keep this on my phone for the rest of it's life. I don't know if anybody else has a problem with being Elite, but this ROM is ELITE
Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That and the fact that I figured forcing the phone to stay in 1x saves my battery.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
I'm happy to keep this on my phone for the rest of it's life.
Good point....I can't speak for anyone else, but in six months I will probably have another, completely different phone (TP?...LOL) and all of this will be ancient history.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development