PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thermodynamic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
The PP is stored in RAM.Thats what the "teetering" issue with pagepools vs available RAM vs performance is all about.

The whole reason to have a page pool is to "cache" app bits from ROM into a small dedicated area of RAM, in order to boost the performance of apps located in ROM. Without a PP, the RAM can be used to cache ALL ROM bits.

On our Diamonds, since we have a very large amount of RAM, I just dont see the need to increase the pp size. We have enough RAM to cache our entire ROM X2, and still have plenty left over. So why waste the cycles needed to create, maintain, and groom a pagepool?
Thanks J0KER. My question is with the decompression. I've read that the OS/programs on the ROM need to be decompressed before they are run.

Does the page pool help to alleviate this by having a certain amount of RAM set aside with already decompressed program code, allowing programs to load faster?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TONEEDO is just getting started

2.2 rom has error..should wait for fix before flashing
Old 09-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONEEDO View Post
2.2 rom has error..should wait for fix before flashing
its in the mxip_notify.vol file... i'm gunna try to replace the one in 2.2 with the one from 2.1... i hope it lets me...

i'll let you know
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
its in the mxip_notify.vol file... i'm gunna try to replace the one in 2.2 with the one from 2.1... i hope it lets me...

i'll let you know
well i really think its that file!!!! but i can't just replace it using total commander... its a file cooked into the rom.. so i'm going back to 2.1 and waiting for juicy to check it out.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Has 1.5 been taken down ? I can't see it eithe on ppchaven or ppcgeek's ftp area...
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

holydhaliwal is a n00b

Hey guys, I've had the diamond for about three days now and ever since the first day i've had some pretty horrible battery performence. I have read around the forums that after some time the battery life gets better? How long does it normally take, and how bad were some of your battery's to begin with? Im only asking because im just wondering if its a defective battery or if i should wait a few more days and it will improve.
Just to give you an idea, one of the first things i did when i got the diamond was installed juicy's 2.1 rom (telus as carrier). I would litterally do only a few things, like play teeter for 5-10 minutes and the battery would drop 5%. This does not seem normal even if it was only the second day after purchase. I do not use push email, and my pop account only sends/receives every 4 hours.
I downloaded and install powerguard to monitor my power consumption, when im not doing anything it stands at 84 mah, but every now and then, (about every minute or so) it jumps up to around 200mah. Also another thing is that the program active sync is always on for some reason, even when im not connected to through the usb, blutooth is also turned off. Last night i left my phone on over night to test the battery and it dropped ~40-50% over night, not doing anything.
Any help would be greatly appriciated, if you need anymore info of my ask and i will get back to you asap, im home all day

update: also just forgot to mention that i also tried juicy's 1.1 rom after seeing that the 2.1 wasn't working for me properly, same result, thanks!
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:22 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Has 1.5 been taken down ? I can't see it eithe on ppchaven or ppcgeek's ftp area...
It never got put up. WDM ran into a couple of last minute issues that needed to be addressed before ho posted the ROM.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ajamer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
Hey guys, I've had the diamond for about three days now and ever since the first day i've had some pretty horrible battery performence. I have read around the forums that after some time the battery life gets better? How long does it normally take, and how bad were some of your battery's to begin with? Im only asking because im just wondering if its a defective battery or if i should wait a few more days and it will improve.
Just to give you an idea, one of the first things i did when i got the diamond was installed juicy's 2.1 rom (telus as carrier). I would litterally do only a few things, like play teeter for 5-10 minutes and the battery would drop 5%. This does not seem normal even if it was only the second day after purchase. I do not use push email, and my pop account only sends/receives every 4 hours.
I downloaded and install powerguard to monitor my power consumption, when im not doing anything it stands at 84 mah, but every now and then, (about every minute or so) it jumps up to around 200mah. Also another thing is that the program active sync is always on for some reason, even when im not connected to through the usb, blutooth is also turned off. Last night i left my phone on over night to test the battery and it dropped ~40-50% over night, not doing anything.
Any help would be greatly appriciated, if you need anymore info of my ask and i will get back to you asap, im home all day

update: also just forgot to mention that i also tried juicy's 1.1 rom after seeing that the 2.1 wasn't working for me properly, same result, thanks!
Thanks in advance.
my brother has similar problems on sprint. Do you live somewhere with crappy signal? Does putting the phone in airplane mode drop the battery usage to around 17mah on idle?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

holydhaliwal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamer View Post
my brother has similar problems on sprint. Do you live somewhere with crappy signal? Does putting the phone in airplane mode drop the battery usage to around 17mah on idle?
Hm yeah well actually im not sure if the signals bad, like it says Ev, so i guess its connected to the evdo, but i have 0 bars...i thought if evdo was connected it meant i had a good signal., but yeah all in all the reception is pretty bad where i live, also does idle include the screen being off? Well with the screen on in airplane mode it doesn't change much, for the first few seconds it was at ~200mah, then dropped eventually to around 75-50mah, with the screen off in airplane mode it stands at about 13mah...

Update: also another thing i just noticed is that powerguard says my battery is ~326.3 Degrees celcius....this seems kind of impossible as i think it would melt or something, and it doesn't feel very hot. Also i keep turning off the ActiveSync application and it keeps turning itself back on, is this normal?

Last edited by holydhaliwal; 09-28-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Verizon

Warlocklord is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
Hm yeah well actually im not sure if the signals bad, like it says Ev, so i guess its connected to the evdo, but i have 0 bars...i thought if evdo was connected it meant i had a good signal., but yeah all in all the reception is pretty bad where i live, also does idle include the screen being off? Well with the screen on in airplane mode it doesn't change much, for the first few seconds it was at ~200mah, then dropped eventually to around 75-50mah, with the screen off in airplane mode it stands at about 13mah...

Update: also another thing i just noticed is that powerguard says my battery is ~326.3 Degrees celcius....this seems kind of impossible as i think it would melt or something, and it doesn't feel very hot. Also i keep turning off the ActiveSync application and it keeps turning itself back on, is this normal?

Sprint needs a new radio rom. The data drain is waaaay too much on these phones. We're kinda stuck waiting until that happens. I may have to exchange within my 30 days for the Touch Pro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development