View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 AM
holydhaliwal
Lurker

holydhaliwal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Hey guys, I've had the diamond for about three days now and ever since the first day i've had some pretty horrible battery performence. I have read around the forums that after some time the battery life gets better? How long does it normally take, and how bad were some of your battery's to begin with? Im only asking because im just wondering if its a defective battery or if i should wait a few more days and it will improve.
Just to give you an idea, one of the first things i did when i got the diamond was installed juicy's 2.1 rom (telus as carrier). I would litterally do only a few things, like play teeter for 5-10 minutes and the battery would drop 5%. This does not seem normal even if it was only the second day after purchase. I do not use push email, and my pop account only sends/receives every 4 hours.
I downloaded and install powerguard to monitor my power consumption, when im not doing anything it stands at 84 mah, but every now and then, (about every minute or so) it jumps up to around 200mah. Also another thing is that the program active sync is always on for some reason, even when im not connected to through the usb, blutooth is also turned off. Last night i left my phone on over night to test the battery and it dropped ~40-50% over night, not doing anything.
Any help would be greatly appriciated, if you need anymore info of my ask and i will get back to you asap, im home all day

update: also just forgot to mention that i also tried juicy's 1.1 rom after seeing that the 2.1 wasn't working for me properly, same result, thanks!
Thanks in advance.