PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

holydhaliwal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlocklord View Post
Sprint needs a new radio rom. The data drain is waaaay too much on these phones. We're kinda stuck waiting until that happens. I may have to exchange within my 30 days for the Touch Pro.
Im with telus though and from what i read other people seem to be pretty happy with their telus diamonds, especially using juicy's roms, where as i am getting the oposite effect
Old 09-28-2008, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ajamer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
Hm yeah well actually im not sure if the signals bad, like it says Ev, so i guess its connected to the evdo, but i have 0 bars...i thought if evdo was connected it meant i had a good signal., but yeah all in all the reception is pretty bad where i live, also does idle include the screen being off? Well with the screen on in airplane mode it doesn't change much, for the first few seconds it was at ~200mah, then dropped eventually to around 75-50mah, with the screen off in airplane mode it stands at about 13mah...

Update: also another thing i just noticed is that powerguard says my battery is ~326.3 Degrees celcius....this seems kind of impossible as i think it would melt or something, and it doesn't feel very hot. Also i keep turning off the ActiveSync application and it keeps turning itself back on, is this normal?

sounds like you have normal power usage with data off. I havent seen if juicy's fixes in 2.2 fix this issue as he said he fixed the low signal quality battery drain on sprint

for now, you can install diamond tweak and set it to disconnect from the data network asap to minimize power loss

any radio for touch pro SHOULD work on the diamond right guys?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Im with telus though and from what i read other people seem to be pretty happy with their telus diamonds, especially using juicy's roms, where as i am getting the oposite effect

That doesn't sound right, i would get a new batt. from Telus. Then see how it goes, it could also be the handset itself
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Verizon

Warlocklord is just getting started

Quote:

There has to be some kind of common trait that is causing this to happen. I started with the problem early on with Juicy 2.1 but now I seem to be getting about 15 hours out of my battery, although I still think that's not great considering the size of this battery in comparison to the Vogue.

Since the flash, I have turned off Location, I have turned off the auto-dimming feature, made the reg tweak for the ConnMgr planner cache from 600 to 60. I also had push email turned on for Windows Live.

Turned location on yesterday, got about 8 or 9 hours on battery. Turned push off for windows live, seemed to slow down the drain a bit. I think maybe some of the GPS tweaks or QuickGPS may be using the data connection to download satellites. Maybe there is a reg setting that can control how often that happens?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Lurker

holydhaliwal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamer View Post
sounds like you have normal power usage with data off. I havent seen if juicy's fixes in 2.2 fix this issue as he said he fixed the low signal quality battery drain on sprint

for now, you can install diamond tweak and set it to disconnect from the data network asap to minimize power loss

any radio for touch pro SHOULD work on the diamond right guys?
Yeah i already tried that with diamond tweak on the telus stock rom, nothing improved, tried a few other registry power management tweaks as well that i came across on the forums, still to no avail
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
That doesn't sound right, i would get a new batt. from Telus. Then see how it goes, it could also be the handset itself
Is this true even if the phone is only 3 days old? I read some peoples battery's getting better after some time, or perhaps its obvious that there is a problem with my battery? How would i re-lock the phone in order to send it to telus? thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Lurker

holydhaliwal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlocklord View Post
There has to be some kind of common trait that is causing this to happen. I started with the problem early on with Juicy 2.1 but now I seem to be getting about 15 hours out of my battery, although I still think that's not great considering the size of this battery in comparison to the Vogue.

Since the flash, I have turned off Location, I have turned off the auto-dimming feature, made the reg tweak for the ConnMgr planner cache from 600 to 60. I also had push email turned on for Windows Live.

Turned location on yesterday, got about 8 or 9 hours on battery. Turned push off for windows live, seemed to slow down the drain a bit. I think maybe some of the GPS tweaks or QuickGPS may be using the data connection to download satellites. Maybe there is a reg setting that can control how often that happens?
How long have you had your phone, perhaps the battery has been getting better with time. im going to test out the new 2.2 rom now and post results...
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jsnietka is a n00b
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

great find on the memory issue. Worked perfect for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
also noticed that if you scroll farther and edit the line,
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path
or
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path0

and add the direct folder location of your music e.g. on my device its \storage card\my documents\music and I put it in the first entry and low and behold no more memory issue and a MUCH quicker find to the files it needs

thanks for the link in the reg for the memory hopefully BOTH these will stabilize this UI on the ROM

Detroit Doug
Old 09-28-2008, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hueman84 is just getting started

I am not sure how everything is in the last released versions, but 1.2 seemed perfect for me, until I noticed the data connection problem as well. I just didn't see you mention that in a fix in any of the other versions. For me this is a big problem.

I have a 2000mAh battery and it barely lasted a whole day. I think I had 1 bar of battery left by the end of the day and the phone was quite hot. Where as with the Black Vista ROM my phone would be able to last around 2 days with the same usage and the battery would still be good.

I will definitely flash to a newer build of yours if you fix this problem.

Last edited by hueman84; 09-28-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 9630/Sprint to MetroPCS
Carrier: >>>MetroPCS<<<

kngri is a n00b

how could i change the calculator so it covers the whole screen (there is like a space on top)

thank you
Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jsnietka is a n00b

After flashing the 1.4 version of the Verizon Rom i must say I was pretty dissapointed. The Touchflow was crashing constantly and was pretty unstable. It also seemed like my GPS was taking forever to aquire. After putting in Detroit Doug's regedit for the Audio manager memory I havent had a single crash. The keyboard is a definite improvement and even though the XT9 isn't working I can text painlessly again! I checked the AGPS reg section and found that the regedit hadn't been done(I thought they had been in previous builds). After doing those regedits, my GPS is as good as ever. After making these small tweaks, I have to say that this is by far the best build yet and Whosdaman is close to having a perfect Rom. I would, definitely say that it is the best Manilla ROm out there!

Have you had any luck tracking down the active sync running all the time?

Keep up the great work, your quest for perfection in your Rom shows!

Last edited by jsnietka; 09-28-2008 at 11:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development