PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Thanks Amikam.
So are the 4/11 Rom's the latest and final for now?
Any recs for the best battery life as far as which SYS?
Will flash later today if these are final.

For those who have flashed to the new ROMS?
What are some of the big changes? It seems that the sys is a minor change? Thanks.

Last edited by mshnayde; 04-11-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ZALI- is a n00b

Can you please upload SYS 21898 for EVK, if not, can you please post a link to it. Thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Thanks Amikam.
So are the 4/11 Rom's the latest and final for now?
Any recs for the best battery life as far as which SYS?
Will flash later today if these are final.

For those who have flashed to the new ROMS?
What are some of the big changes? It seems that the sys is a minor change? Thanks.
well, there is not big changes... i added a few fixes to some old issue that were never a big issue fixing yourself just using a reg edit or two.
u can look at the change log to see what exactly was done.
but i also always say that if u already have a good working rom, don't bother updating, there is not really a big difference between sys's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZALI- View Post
Can you please upload SYS 21898 for EVK, if not, can you please post a link to it. Thanks
since i dont really have time to upload sys folders like i used to, i think i might have to give u the link...
i clean up my sys folder to fit my needs... so if i zip up the sys exactly the way i use it on my roms u will have missing files that u might want to use(images/.provxml/dlls)
i got the sys a long time ago from xda...
here is the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/25174911..._QVGA_WQV.html

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-11-2010 at 09:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive WP7

dougd is keeping up the good workdougd is keeping up the good work

Flashed to 23557 this morning. Rom is working very good. The battery seems to be alot better then usual. I will know more tommorow after a full day of work, battery seems to drain more at work. Thanks for the updates.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Flashed to 23557 this morning. Rom is working very good. The battery seems to be alot better then usual. I will know more tommorow after a full day of work, battery seems to drain more at work. Thanks for the updates.
im happy batt looking good for u.
dont judge the batt after one day of flashing though... give it sometime.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

amikam,

Thank you very much for another great one! Personally, I am glad that you like 21xxx sys better since you are keeping it updated - yes, I like 21xxx sys better than 23xxx. I just flashed to 21898-light last night and for some reason, it feels little faster the last one (March 27th)

I noticed that CoOkie Monster indicator (that little white bar at the top of the screen is gone now). can't comment on the battery life yet but seem good like the last one.
Camera seems to be working great, btw, I should've checked 3rd post before I said something about the camera.

well, I do checked 3rd post this time about this one thing though. in 'contact', if they have more than one number that can be text, '#' sign appears next to 'Send Message' option, so I can change the number that I can text to, but it seems like the '#' sign does not change the number. can anyone else confirm on this? or am I only the one experiencing this?

thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
amikam,

Thank you very much for another great one! Personally, I am glad that you like 21xxx sys better since you are keeping it updated - yes, I like 21xxx sys better than 23xxx. I just flashed to 21898-light last night and for some reason, it feels little faster the last one (March 27th)

I noticed that CoOkie Monster indicator (that little white bar at the top of the screen is gone now). can't comment on the battery life yet but seem good like the last one.
Camera seems to be working great, btw, I should've checked 3rd post before I said something about the camera.

well, I do checked 3rd post this time about this one thing though. in 'contact', if they have more than one number that can be text, '#' sign appears next to 'Send Message' option, so I can change the number that I can text to, but it seems like the '#' sign does not change the number. can anyone else confirm on this? or am I only the one experiencing this?

thanks.
thanks for the comments... it does seem a little faster, i think its because there is a lot in manila that depends on the bit depth resolution of the images and such... so technically the less color on manila and the more black it is... the faster it should be(or the less colorful things anyways... and of course thats only in theory and doesn't really get felt all the time).

im not sure about what u mean with the send message thing... i dont think it should be different from the 21897 because i didnt change anything with manila messages... but if u talking about wm messaging window i did add a manila skip to it... so maybe thats it.
but i didn't run across it myself yet.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started

Can anyone who is using 4/11 23557 light rom check to see if your OneNote is working. Nothing happens when I click it, but it's always worked in the past. Looking for confirmation of bad flash before I try re-flashing. Still loving your rom amikam!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordIt View Post
Can anyone who is using 4/11 23557 light rom check to see if your OneNote is working. Nothing happens when I click it, but it's always worked in the past. Looking for confirmation of bad flash before I try re-flashing. Still loving your rom amikam!
I can't get Excel, Word, or OneNote to work. Excel and OneNote just don't launch, Word gives an error.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I can't get Excel, Word, or OneNote to work. Excel and OneNote just don't launch, Word gives an error.
Same here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development