PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
So T-Mobile may not work for you. But you made it sound like T-Mobile won't work for anyone. The fact of the matter is they have way more 4G coverage than Sprint. They cover around twice as many people, in around twice as many cities. With 4G that is over twice as fast as Sprint's (and getting upgraded to over 4x as fast as Sprint's at this moment). And some of the plans listed on their website are even cheaper than Sprint's, with a whole category of plans that are way cheaper not listed on the website.

No matter how ineffective you think it is to file complaints with the FCC, BBB, PUC, and state AG, it is still a whole lot better than doing nothing and hoping someone else takes care of it.

If every customer that this is affecting files a complaint with the FCC, BBB, PUC, and state AG, I guarantee you it will either get over turned or Sprint will be forced to let every smartphone owner out of their contract without an ETF.

On the other hand, if nobody files anything and everyone just waits for a lawsuit, then nothing will change. Sprint will know for future reference that they are free to raise our bills whenever they want, not even letting us out of our contracts, and we won't do anything about it.
And thats exactly what is going to happen. Sprint is going to continue doing this because they can. I already filed a bbb and ftc complaint back when they wouldn't allow android on unlimited data plans unless they were everything plans. I also filed a complaint with fcc about the 4g coverage and $10 charge. So hopefully other people will do the same. But again, bbb really can't do much except put a strike on their record which has a lot of strikes already.
Also I have never said that t mobile wouldn't work for anyone. This whole time I have said "go with the service that works for you". You can take that anyway you want.
I'm not here to debate coverage or 4g speed. My coverage and speed with my current provider is great and if it wasnt I would change to someone else. Thats all I'm saying. There is no need to start fighting about it. If you want to compare service plans and coverage then start a thread about it, its that easy. I'm glad your happy with tmo and like advertising for them even though I thought you had sprint and an evo. Either way It's good to see someone who enjoys their cell service.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
I understand the FCC gets TONS of complaints... then again, so does every company damn near..

doesnt mean sit back and do nothing.. no offense to anyone, but Im an ALPHA all the way.. Im a leader, plain and simple.. sitting back and not trying to do shit, well that just isnt me..

ever hear 1 letter is worth 10,000 voices?? everyones like "oh woe is me, this sucks kinda, too bad theres nothing i can do"... there is something you can do.. If even 1/10 of all the Sprint users on the web emailed 1 simply written compaint, itd be hard for Senetors, Congressman, FFC, etc not to notice... but who we kidding, most of the people are online because they like to hide.. they can be fake on the web and act ALPHA, when theyre really just sheep, following along..

You guys should be ashamed really.. "oh the FCC gets lots of complaints".. so freaaakin what! that doesnt mean you dont complain... Outback gets alot of customers at Dinner time, that mean your never gonna go?

and you do realize things happen at a State level too right?? Ie Flordia.. Did you know in FL and a few other states an ALL RED Water Indicator DOESNT mean they can refuse repair work? and that they have to find other signs of Water Damage OTHER than the sticker or they must repair or replace the device???? why is that?? because FL's Consumers stood up for their rights and complained..... come try that in Michigan, theyll kick ya out the door here over the Moisture Indicator being all red..

one last example, maybe the one of the bigger more difficult things that consumer action forced changes in: BlockBuster Late Fees.... remember those?? I was notorious for 3 rentals costing me $25 in the end... but Consumers( and some attorneys yes) made that change happen..

So consumer complaints, CAN MAKE AN IMPACT..

sorry for the rant guys... I have a 5 line account, with 5 smartphones.. I like new devices, i like to upgrade often.... but eventually this is going to lead to $50 a month in extra charges... Im still bent that SPrint forced me to change my plan just to get an ANdroid phone... now this... the $10 fee should be a "flat rate overage"... if you go over 5GB - $10 more, flat! if you stay under, no fee that month...... that seems fair.. then only 2 of my lines would get the fee, not 5... not 3 extra devices that barely use 1-2GB between all 3..
Whoa! Take it easy. No one ever said to sit and do nothing. All that was said is that with all the complaints things probably still won't change. I still filed with both bbb and fcc. I also sent a letter to the local congress. Thats all I said.
Also it's good you brought that up about the moisture indicators on phones in florida. Most people don't know about that. I was a service technician for verizon and we had a directive not to void warranty just because of the indicator strip. That is a good example of the law protecting consumers. I hope something similar happens with this data charge. Problem with that is that both verizon and att have higher data charges and plans and sprint is always going to compare their rates to theirs and use that as leverage. But hey, I'm still optimistic.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
There is not much anyone can do at this point except wait to see if any legal actions are taken by any courts. Or switch services. Problem is no other post paid service offers the same price and coverage. Only prepaid like virgin mobile but that is owned by sprint so it makes no sense.
Quote:
Also I have never said that t mobile wouldn't work for anyone. This whole time I have said "go with the service that works for you". You can take that anyway you want.
I'm not here to debate coverage or 4g speed. My coverage and speed with my current provider is great and if it wasnt I would change to someone else. Thats all I'm saying. There is no need to start fighting about it. If you want to compare service plans and coverage then start a thread about it, its that easy. I'm glad your happy with tmo and like advertising for them even though I thought you had sprint and an evo. Either way It's good to see someone who enjoys their cell service.

You really don't see where you are implying that Sprint has the best coverage and cheapest prices, and it's pointless to file a complaint or go to another carrier?

And yes, I do have an Evo. Just because I call it like it is and don't lie about Sprint being the overlord rulers of the universe, doesn't mean I have T-Mobile.

Just because Sprint works for me doesn't mean nobody else could possibly work for me. And even though Sprint was what I chose when I signed my contract, they changed the deal we agreed to. And the terms of this new deal make it less favorable than the one I agreed to. So other carriers look better to me than they did when I chose Sprint. Especially now that Sprint isn't the only carrier with 4G (or even the best 4G coverage, or fastest 4G) like they were when I chose them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Sprint forcing premium data on ALL SMARTPHONES

Quote:
You really don't see where you are implying that Sprint has the best coverage and cheapest prices, and it's pointless to file a complaint or go to another carrier?

And yes, I do have an Evo. Just because I call it like it is and don't lie about Sprint being the overlord rulers of the universe, doesn't mean I have T-Mobile.
you can't argue with the op, they take stuff and run with it lmao! i've stated that i, after 11 years, still have sprint til the 3rd, he only saw t-mobile as my info (i erased the sprint-nextel part) and all of a sudden, i shouldn't be posting here...like i just decided to stick my nose in sprints' business lol!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:

No, can you point it out so that I may correct myself?
Since you do have the evo, question, hows your signal strength indoors? Mine sucks when I go into walmart.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you can't argue with the op, they take stuff and run with it lmao! i've stated that i, after 11 years, still have sprint til the 3rd, he only saw t-mobile as my info (i erased the sprint-nextel part) and all of a sudden, i shouldn't be posting here...like i just decided to stick my nose in sprints' business lol!
What are you talking about? I wasnt refferring to any if your conmments. Here we go again.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
No, can you point it out so that I may correct myself?
Since you do have the evo, question, hows your signal strength indoors? Mine sucks when I go into walmart.

I put the quote in my post. Here it is again:
Quote:
There is not much anyone can do at this point except wait to see if any legal actions are taken by any courts. Or switch services. Problem is no other post paid service offers the same price and coverage. Only prepaid like virgin mobile but that is owned by sprint so it makes no sense.
It looks to me like you are saying the only thing anyone can do is nothing (wait for someone else to take them to court).

And you are clearly saying it's stupid (makes no sense) for anyone to switch carriers because the only option is a Sprint owned prepaid (Virgin).

You were not saying you, you said anyone.

The fact is filing complaints has proven to be effective in the past, and doing nothing is about the worst thing anyone can do.

And T-Mobile has better speeds, cheaper prices, and better 4G coverage for a lot of (could even say most) people.

As for indoor coverage, yeah, it sucks. It's due to a combination of the frequency Sprint uses, and Wimax itself. It requires a lot more towers than regular 3G.

That's what I was talking about when I said T-Mobile 4G doesn't have that problem. Their 4G is on the same frequency, same towers, etc, as their 3G. It's not some totally different technology. It's the upgrade path from their 3G.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
What are you talking about? I wasnt refferring to any if your conmments. Here we go again.

...and I was talking ABOUT you, not TO you.....
Old 01-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
I put the quote in my post. Here it is again:

It looks to me like you are saying the only thing anyone can do is nothing (wait for someone else to take them to court).

And you are clearly saying it's stupid (makes no sense) to switch carriers because the only option is a Sprint owned prepaid (Virgin).
Thank you for pointing that out to me. I said that thinking of my situation. I did not mean to imply everyones situation. In my case, I have a service that works for me. If this service did not work for me anymore then I would switch to a service that did work for me that also offered low prices. In this case it would be virgin mobile since in "my" area tmo does not work for me and other services are too expensive. If I only had a choice for postpaid service then I would choose tmo. As for saying that its better to wait for action I meant, once you file a complaint you have to wait for an action from those institutions which in most cases never happens. Hope that clears it up.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Account Disabled

just want to add this: i had 2 lines (sprint & nextel), switched the nextel line to t-mobile last year when i got the hd2. i called t-mobile last month to cancel because i was using 1 line for business and sprint was my personal line...i couldn't afford paying both right now. my sprint tp2 is already sim unlocked, meaning i can go t-mo or at$t whenever i want. t-mo begged my to stay, even offered the hd7 for contract price ($99) and let me keep my hd2. sprint? they said "see ya." i've had sprint since 6/00, t-mobile since 3/10...hmmm...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion