PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some advice, I think I bought a bad ESN phone :(

OK everyone, here is the story.
I traded a few PC parts with a guy from my area who had an Evo for trade on craigslist. He said the ESN should be clear and ready to activate since he cancelled the account almost a month ago. So I traded with him.

I get home and call to check the ESN and the lady said that its still "held up" on the other account. She couldnt give me a reason of course, but said the ESN couldnt be activated on my line at this time. So, I emailed the guy, and hes been pretty good with communication so far. He has called them numerous times and tried to find out what is up, but keeps getting the run around from Sprint (his words to me in the email).

At this point, I am not sure what to believe, except I have a very clean looking EVO that has a bad ESN at the moment. I do remember Verizon holding my old phone in their system for 30 days after I cancelled my account with them, so I wasnt able to sell them right away. Does Sprint do something similar?

Just asking for advice from the forums folks. The PC stuff I traded him wasnt really useful to me, so thats why I am not asking to trade back, and the guy has been pretty sincere about trying to find out whats going on on his end.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Need some advice, I think I bought a bad ESN phone :(

try CheckESNFree.com : The only instant, free, online ESN Checker to check if it is still held up once in a while :S

not sure what else you can do besides flashing it to cricket or something if that's possible.

has he made sure that the account has no other bills pending?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

maybe give it the thirty days just in case keep trying to get the actual reason from a sprint rep

OR you could just sell it on ebay,craigslist many out there that are buying it to put the phone on Cricket,Metropcs, even boost (yes i know its not legal on boost but people are still doing)

Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

XsMagical is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to XsMagical Send a message via Yahoo to XsMagical Send a message via Skype™ to XsMagical
If your looking to sell it, hit me up

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.1 2.3.4
Recovery: Amon RA 2.3
ROM: EVO-Deck Gingerbread
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Just got an update from the guy. He told me he spoke with Sprint and got the account "taken care of" and that Sprint told him the phone should be clear in 10-15 days.

So, I guess I wait

XsMagical, if I cant get the ESN cleared up, I would be willing to sell it or trade it so I can get my wife hooked up with a good EVO. Send me a few offers via PM, and if I cant get it cleared up, we may have a deal.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Just got an update from the guy. He told me he spoke with Sprint and got the account "taken care of" and that Sprint told him the phone should be clear in 10-15 days.

So, I guess I wait

XsMagical, if I cant get the ESN cleared up, I would be willing to sell it or trade it so I can get my wife hooked up with a good EVO. Send me a few offers via PM, and if I cant get it cleared up, we may have a deal.
ya he owed them money so you will be good cause i have seen this happen.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I bought a "bad esn" Moment. Confirmed bad by calling Sprint. A few months later I sold it to my brother, called Sprint, and the esn was good.

Hang in there.

Sent from an Epic 3g on SERO.

Last edited by gullzway; 05-06-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:28 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I bought a "bad esn" Moment. Confirmed bad by calling Sprint. A few months later I sold it to my brother, called Sprint, and the esn was good.

Hang in there.

Sent from an Epic 3g on SERO.
I think so.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-06-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies everyone. Maybe this thing will be good to go in a a few weeks. I will keep using checkesnfree.com to see when the ESN clears up.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

Omar1146 is a n00b

Hey Just Restore the phone with PC36IMG.zip
go here to download [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - Goodbye Stranger - Upd. 02.25.11 - xda-developers

Scroll down and Install that and it will put it back to SPRINT with clean ESN.
DONE IT MANY TIMES WITH CUSTOMERS

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion