PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

dmiller21283 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to clear ESN (Verizon)

I've read other posts about activating phones with bad esn's. My situation is just about the same as everyone else's. What I wanted to know is if there is any suggestions on dealing with Verizon specifically.

I have an htc incredible that had a busted screen. I got the phone from a friend who's mom quit paying the bill. The service has been shut off for awhile. Will I just have to have his mom call and register a different esn on that account? I didn't know if they would let them do that since the account is past due.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: How to clear ESN (Verizon)

In order for the esn to be unblack listed the account will have to be payed in full. Then she can tell them the phone has been sold and they will release it.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Threadstarter

dmiller21283 is a n00b

hmmm... That's probably not going to happen. This woman is flakier than a bowl of Wheaties.

So the $30 I spent on the new screen was probably a waste. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

well you could sell it or look around the net for other options.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller21283 View Post
hmmm... That's probably not going to happen. This woman is flakier than a bowl of Wheaties.

So the $30 I spent on the new screen was probably a waste. Thanks for the reply.
You could always ask verizon how much it would cost to unlock the phone...(what she owned, never know it could be $20 and just pay it to be able to use the phone).

I've always wondered if there was a way to FIX a "bad esn" besides cloning (not legal) a ESN from another phone.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion