PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

payitup is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC PRO > EVO on SERO Plan

This is an attempt by sprint to head off anyone leaving to verizon for the iphone in January.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: SERO to allow other phones

SWAC & SERO have always been the same when coming to phone restrictions so hopefully they will both get lifted! At least til Oct 1, this is my homepage (with Evo being offered on SWAC)
http://www.sprint.com/landings/advan...:advantageclub
Old 07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
SWAC & SERO have always been the same when coming to phone restrictions so hopefully they will both get lifted! At least til Oct 1, this is my homepage (with Evo being offered on SWAC)
http://www.sprint.com/landings/advan...:advantageclub
wow...i wish i had a friend/family member working for sprint to sponsor me on this SWAC program. but until that happens...im just happy to have a SERO account...LOL

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I doubt it.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

people just aren't reading what Recursion posted (and it's even the 2nd post on the SD thread). one of the (supposed) Sprint employee clarified it. and if you do read what Recursion re-posted....nowhere in the memo/email did it indicate that it was to apply to SERO accounts. and Recursion also answered in the affirmative my question about the Sprint Employee legacy plans are different from the SERO plans.

so im saying this is a resounding NO for us SERO users.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I know about as much as the next guy on if this rumor has any truth to it, but I will say this...

The biggest upside to Sprint could be in slowing churn (the industry term for subscriber loss). It could be a card they play to keep more of their existing customers as the device market heats up.

They want to move as many customers off the legacy plans to push up their ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) figure, but Wall Street cares a lot more about the net subscriber gain/loss figures. So they have to play both cards very well.

Remember it is the constant net loss of subscribers that has Sprint stock still trading at less than $5 a share for the last three years...

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=S...bol=S;range=5y
T'dY 4 intelligent post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
wow...i wish i had a friend/family member working for sprint to sponsor me on this SWAC program. but until that happens...im just happy to have a SERO account...LOL
yea ikr... i was on the $20 swac for about 6 months... then sprint went on a lay-off spree... now im on $30 sero. its cool though, cuz i keep getting these magical 2year upgrades that just come out of no where lol. i used a upgrade to get my tp2, 1 month later im eligible for another upgrade, keep em rollin sprint lol.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Good things come to those who wait...

Lets hope this pans out. I predicted this all along but I knew it would take a while. Every time I made this prediction here or on Sprint Users I got flamed for it. They cant continue to hold the restrictions when the only new smart phones are WP7 and Android models. This would essentially eliminate any upgrade options for all legacy users. This would be a very bold permanent corporate stance and a poor way to treat loyal legacy users. It just didn't seem like they would keep that policy forever.

We shall see.... I'll believe it when I see it. It could only be EVO availability for Sprint's SWAC members misconstrued. This has been confirmed but it means nothing to SERO users. There are reports that some reps have confirmed this for SERO but its still early and we all know how confused the reps generally are.

If true, this is very good news for SERO users. You are looking at a $40 EVO plan. $50 with $7 TEP. $50 if you want 4G and have it in your area. If you have a Pick 3 enabled/ Sprint Home on your SERO account you essentially have unlimited mins (goog voice). This is a VERY good deal... perseverance paid off.

Last edited by Alpine-; 07-21-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started

Its kind of funny to read all of these posts. You can pick out the posters who have Sero accounts and those that will be haters if this turns out to be true. Im not saying everyone will hate, but its funny to read these posts and see someone post that it isnt true but I didnt call in to verify either way.... If you didnt take the steps to try to verify if it was true or not.. Then why are you posting?
Ive had 3 different CS tell me the same thing! 2 never heard of it but found the email as soon as they searched for Sero Oct. 1st. Its possible that it wont happen, but it is most likely going to happen with the information floating around that Sprint CS employees can get to. Time will tell either way... Long Live SERO!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

i hope sprint lets this happen i hate my tp2, then again im still on stock rom and i HATE IT. shits so buggy and freezy

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero