PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Yeah, rdm pretty much has it correct.
You can check the comments on Russ's blog right here:
http://mcguireslaw.com/2009/07/24/ps...erything-plus/

Scroll down and read the comments. He clearly states that he double checked and that their is going to be a $10 / $10 feature for SERO owners, as well as all F&F plans. So looks like even older legacy plans will get some love too!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

woohoo!!...looks like i'll be on Evo with my SERO come october. which is perfect because that's when my SERO is up for an upgrade.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojary View Post
woohoo!!...looks like i'll be on evo with my sero come october. Which is perfect because that's when my sero is up for an upgrade.
nice!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well #1 it is not that big a difference really.Sero plus 20$ is 50$ plus taxes.

if you have a ed450 with a 25% discount (everyone should have 1 they were easy) and a 10/24 which i just had added it comes to the same price and even a little less.

Also the guy who said this said F&F plans which Sero is 1 of.There are many plans that are F&F besides Sero.It is going to open up a large can or worms if it happends and is only for sero.

I hope it does happen since i have a F&F family plan along with a ED as well.I had my account marked a few weeks ago about this and if it does happen i doubt it will be just sero makes no sense.cause F&F is Sero so in there system the code would be for F&F and if not would be great way to get a ton free crap from them.

I just do not see it going down the way some think it will.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Yeah, rdm pretty much has it correct.
You can check the comments on Russ's blog right here:
http://mcguireslaw.com/2009/07/24/ps...erything-plus/

Scroll down and read the comments. He clearly states that he double checked and that their is going to be a $10 / $10 feature for SERO owners, as well as all F&F plans. So looks like even older legacy plans will get some love too!
Thats not how I read it. Theres a long post regarding F&F and SERO, and theyre handled by different groups, and he says, and I quote,

Quote:
The general legacy plans (e.g. F&F) are managed by that group. (group that manages our broad consumer price plans).....Employee plans (including employee referral plans like Everything Plus and SERO) are handled by a different group. I have a good relationship with that group and they’ve found that my blog is a good way to get information out about those plans...
In response to someone asking about NON-SERO F&F eligibility for iconic devices, he said

Quote:
I will tell you, I’ve heard nothing about premium options for the legacy plans. That doesn’t mean they won’t happen, but I wouldn’t count on it.
And he said, regarding price for SERO$30 plan,

Quote:
Greg L.,
As I understand it, if you’re currently on a $30 SERO plan, it would be ~$40 for a non-4G “iconic” device and ~$50 for the EVO.
So it looks like SERO yes, non-SERO F&F no.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Linux Administrator

This is what threw me off on that:

Quote:
  1. Russ Says:
    August 1st, 2010 at 1:28 pm Sorry for the confusion Robert. SERO F&F is a SERO plan, so it should be in.
I mis-read where he said SERO F&F is a SERO plan. I read it thinking he meant that F&F are SEROS and should be in. My mistake
Good catch
Old 08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
This is what threw me off on that:

I mis-read where he said SERO F&F is a SERO plan. I read it thinking he meant that F&F are SEROS and should be in. My mistake
Good catch
Yep. All SERO are F&F, but not all F&F are SERO.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Well #1 it is not that big a difference really.Sero plus 20$ is 50$ plus taxes.

if you have a ed450 with a 25% discount (everyone should have 1 they were easy) and a 10/24 which i just had added it comes to the same price and even a little less.

Also the guy who said this said F&F plans which Sero is 1 of.There are many plans that are F&F besides Sero.It is going to open up a large can or worms if it happends and is only for sero.

I hope it does happen since i have a F&F family plan along with a ED as well.I had my account marked a few weeks ago about this and if it does happen i doubt it will be just sero makes no sense.cause F&F is Sero so in there system the code would be for F&F and if not would be great way to get a ton free crap from them.

I just do not see it going down the way some think it will.
$50 + taxes is still cheaper considering that corporate discounts aren't allowed on SERO plans. i have an everything data plan with a corporate discount + TEP and it's still around $65 for me monthly. yeah you can get the 10/24 recurring discount after upgrading out of your SERO, but you lose it after 2 years and get stuck afterwards not having the SERO account. in the long term, it's still going to be cheaper.

now i said it before...im happy with what phones i can get on a SERO now, but if i am able to get an iconic device on it and not pay as much as opposed to getting it on a regular plan...why not jump on the bandwagon...right?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Linux Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
$50 + taxes is still cheaper considering that corporate discounts aren't allowed on SERO plans. i have an everything data plan with a corporate discount + TEP and it's still around $65 for me monthly. yeah you can get the 10/24 recurring discount after upgrading out of your SERO, but you lose it after 2 years and get stuck afterwards not having the SERO account. in the long term, it's still going to be cheaper.

now i said it before...im happy with what phones i can get on a SERO now, but if i am able to get an iconic device on it and not pay as much as opposed to getting it on a regular plan...why not jump on the bandwagon...right?
Yes, you can get a corp discount on a sero plan. I have one myself. I work for Mohawk Industries, and we use Sprint for alot of sale force, so we get a decent discount. I thought, WTH, I will see if they give it to me. So I submitted for it online and a few billing cycles later, it shown up. I will post the screen shot of last months bill to prove it

Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had a 20% company discount since before I got on SERO and it has stayed for several years. I hope it will stick when/if I get an Android phone.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero