PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO to allow other phones

3rd thread regarding Sero and phones you can activate on it in October. wouldnt it be better if the 3 threads were merged?

but based on what Recursion posted...correct me if im wrong...the supposed Sprint employee is pretty much saying its only for people that has the Employee Plan (which are sprint employees only from the sound of it). and that even though SERO is identical to this plan it is not considred by corporate as an employee plan. am i understanding the statement correctly? and then he/she went on that SERO is not included because it was not mentioned as being the plan the email is referring to or affects. but since it is the same pricing plan....people automatically thought the memo was talking about the SERO plans, when in actuality, its for the Sprint employee legacy plans only...right?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-20-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

WOOT! Go Sprint!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I hope it is true, but I highly doubt it. What is the upside for sprint? They want people OFF of the SERO plans. Offering them every phone they carry for a small extra fee would get them a small infusion of cash, but it would allow people to continue to pay next to nothing for their plans, literally half of what every other carrier is charging.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started
Re: New evo owners read this

Just talked with a CS and she was completely unaware of any deal like this... She asked me to hang on and she would look for anything related to Sero.. I told her to look for anything with Oct 1st..
She came back and said evo would be available on Sero starting Oct 1st!!!!! She said it looked like it would only be 10.00 for the EVo, not 20.00 that others are hearing.

Guess I dont care if its 10 or 20.. Done deal as soon as its availible.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2s
Carrier: Sprint SERO

udithadj is just getting started

I got 2 phones on sero 500 which i pay $81 (I know NY taxes are high) with $4 (loss and theft) insurance (My gf uses 10 plan minutes/mo). If I am to change i'll choose another carrier ( and I hope that sprint will offer other phones in the future other thatn the TP2). so, lets persuade sprint to offer more phones

if this helps, pls press thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC PRO > EVO on SERO Plan

If this is true, there must be some type of modification to this. This just sounds too good to be true. So I guess we have to wait till the fine print comes out.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
***when in actuality, its for the Sprint employee legacy plans only...right?
Correct.

edit: And to clarify my .02, I hope SERO is included, but what the employee posted at SD is pretty clear ... this applies to the "$20" Employee Plan ... the cheapest SERO plan is $30.

Last edited by Recursion; 07-21-2010 at 12:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Re: HTC PRO > EVO on SERO Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Thanks, bro...I was going to post this here, but thanks for the point.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
I hope it is true, but I highly doubt it. What is the upside for sprint? They want people OFF of the SERO plans. Offering them every phone they carry for a small extra fee would get them a small infusion of cash, but it would allow people to continue to pay next to nothing for their plans, literally half of what every other carrier is charging.
I know about as much as the next guy on if this rumor has any truth to it, but I will say this...

The biggest upside to Sprint could be in slowing churn (the industry term for subscriber loss). It could be a card they play to keep more of their existing customers as the device market heats up.

They want to move as many customers off the legacy plans to push up their ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) figure, but Wall Street cares a lot more about the net subscriber gain/loss figures. So they have to play both cards very well.

Remember it is the constant net loss of subscribers that has Sprint stock still trading at less than $5 a share for the last three years...

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=S...bol=S;range=5y
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I hope it happens but I think the change will only affect SWAC Plans from what I've read. I have an older Legacy Family Plan. I want to upgrade one line to a newer smartphone and my plan would jump from $100 to $180 if I upgraded to the EVO. That is just plain crazy.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero