Thread: SERO Premium
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
frazell
Regular 'Geeker

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO to allow other phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
I hope it is true, but I highly doubt it. What is the upside for sprint? They want people OFF of the SERO plans. Offering them every phone they carry for a small extra fee would get them a small infusion of cash, but it would allow people to continue to pay next to nothing for their plans, literally half of what every other carrier is charging.
I know about as much as the next guy on if this rumor has any truth to it, but I will say this...

The biggest upside to Sprint could be in slowing churn (the industry term for subscriber loss). It could be a card they play to keep more of their existing customers as the device market heats up.

They want to move as many customers off the legacy plans to push up their ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) figure, but Wall Street cares a lot more about the net subscriber gain/loss figures. So they have to play both cards very well.

Remember it is the constant net loss of subscribers that has Sprint stock still trading at less than $5 a share for the last three years...

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=S...bol=S;range=5y
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.