PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pepsico is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint has let me down - probably..

Okay, I know I may have some people who disagree with me here, I apologize to you in advance.

Here is my story..
Last September, I got a TP2. A good phone, but seems to be quickly outdated, and Windows Mobile has been great, but I am READY to move on.

I had talked to sprint retentions -3 weeks ago- about my wife's phone acting up and they offered (for 50 bucks) to move her eligibility up. Just for the heck of it, I asked if I could do that for the Evo. She said sure. Just call June 1st, I will notate your account and you are all set.

... As excited as I was for the Evo, I believed this fully and bought a case, screen protector, chargers, and pre-ordered at radio shack..

Fast Forward to today. I called sprint and a rep said there is no such thing on my account and normally they only pull ahead 14 days. A short while later I am talking with Retentions (who set up the deal in the first place)
The woman I am speaking to could truly care-less about my issue. Before I go any further, I must say, I am pretty laid back, usually take things as they come and don't like to give anyone a hard time. I avoid confrontation.. But in this case the persons only advice is to return my accessories.. (to ebay). and... nothing. Nada, thats it. End of the road.
I expected some type of hold on.. let me check.. or hold on.. let me get a supervisor...
To prod a little, I ask what my ETF is. she says. your etf is only 50 bucks! In a happy tone. As if to say, go ahead and leave I dont care. See ya!
... Ok, I am angry now.. So I tell her she has terrible customer service skills. That she doesn't care if I leave sprint, and doesn't care to look into the issue one bit. She repeats that my term fee is only 50 bucks, and I hang up on her.. ed. I get a call back a minute later and she says, Our call got dropped (Mocking me), but perhaps you would like to have this escalated...
We continue talking for a few minutes and we get nowhere. I am not yelling at her, and she not at me, just having a discussion - somewhat civilized.
A few minutes later she puts me on hold and gets a "higher authority". This guy comes on the line and his name is "Mr. cat" (It wasn't really Mr. Cat, but something very similar and pretty unbelievable)

He goes on to tell me that this never happens, but to give him a total of 3 days to sweet-talk higher ups to upgrade my eligibility. He says, "Please don't fill out the survey you receive until 3 days. let us work on something for you. "

I was done. I gave up. This sounds like a LOAD of crap. Wait 3 days to a retentions rep can sweet talk somebody? but who knows. Is there an expiration date on how long a survey can be taken? Just curious. It sounds like she got her friend to me Mr. made up name and tell me a complete line of B.S.
------------------------------

Sorry this is so long, needed it to get my point across. Thoughts?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Sprint has let me down - probably..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsico View Post
Okay, I know I may have some people who disagree with me here, I apologize to you in advance.

Here is my story..
Last September, I got a TP2. A good phone, but seems to be quickly outdated, and Windows Mobile has been great, but I am READY to move on.

I had talked to sprint retentions -3 weeks ago- about my wife's phone acting up and they offered (for 50 bucks) to move her eligibility up. Just for the heck of it, I asked if I could do that for the Evo. She said sure. Just call June 1st, I will notate your account and you are all set.

... As excited as I was for the Evo, I believed this fully and bought a case, screen protector, chargers, and pre-ordered at radio shack..

Fast Forward to today. I called sprint and a rep said there is no such thing on my account and normally they only pull ahead 14 days. A short while later I am talking with Retentions (who set up the deal in the first place)
The woman I am speaking to could truly care-less about my issue. Before I go any further, I must say, I am pretty laid back, usually take things as they come and don't like to give anyone a hard time. I avoid confrontation.. But in this case the persons only advice is to return my accessories.. (to ebay). and... nothing. Nada, thats it. End of the road.
I expected some type of hold on.. let me check.. or hold on.. let me get a supervisor...
To prod a little, I ask what my ETF is. she says. your etf is only 50 bucks! In a happy tone. As if to say, go ahead and leave I dont care. See ya!
... Ok, I am angry now.. So I tell her she has terrible customer service skills. That she doesn't care if I leave sprint, and doesn't care to look into the issue one bit. She repeats that my term fee is only 50 bucks, and I hang up on her.. ed. I get a call back a minute later and she says, Our call got dropped (Mocking me), but perhaps you would like to have this escalated...
We continue talking for a few minutes and we get nowhere. I am not yelling at her, and she not at me, just having a discussion - somewhat civilized.
A few minutes later she puts me on hold and gets a "higher authority". This guy comes on the line and his name is "Mr. cat" (It wasn't really Mr. Cat, but something very similar and pretty unbelievable)

He goes on to tell me that this never happens, but to give him a total of 3 days to sweet-talk higher ups to upgrade my eligibility. He says, "Please don't fill out the survey you receive until 3 days. let us work on something for you. "

I was done. I gave up. This sounds like a LOAD of crap. Wait 3 days to a retentions rep can sweet talk somebody? but who knows. Is there an expiration date on how long a survey can be taken? Just curious. It sounds like she got her friend to me Mr. made up name and tell me a complete line of B.S.

DUDE! I can't imagine your pain right now! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Wow, that sucks beyond anything that I have ever heard of.

I guess the old saying is true, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."
Unfortunately you were caught right in the middle of that saying. :'(((
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint has let me down - probably..

I have no idea but it certainly does sound like a boatload of crap. But I would give you this piece of advice, where there is a will there is a way. Do not give up this easily. Call back again tomorrow and talk to a different person in retentions and explain. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the right person who will help you out. I know when my TP was having issues a couple of associates were not helpful at all but on my third call back I got someone who offered me the TP2 as a replacement.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Gharper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsico View Post

Here is my story..

Sprint biggest problem to me is there customer service.i truely feel your pain.i've had so many broken promises from sprint in the pass.it's always"i'm going to note your account"but when you call back nothing is there.Trust me its all b.s. The only way i got my issue fixed is by doing the survey and emailing sprint corp. Good luck man and sorry to hear sprint is still giving to people in the butt
Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I would call back, be sure to hit cancel service option. once your patched to retentions explain to them what happened and how disrepectful you were treated. if you get someone else on the line you will have better luck especially if you call to cancel service and convey to them you were mislead. in the end, you arent going to get a better deal elsewhere, but if they truly feel you are considering leaving over this, it should make a difference. best thing to do is be practical and state the facts. afterall, their are options like switching to verizon, getting the incredible for example.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

This is the exact damn reason why I always go through ecare, so I can have all correspondence between me and them right there in the email. But if what the op said is true then that is truly f'd up and I would make sure someone's head will roll if I ever get treated that way.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

cuchanu is just getting started

Answer everybody that calls you so you can be sure to get the survey call, then give them the worst score possible. Believe me, I used to sell Sprint and if you can't get it taken care of right away, it's not going to happen. You aren't going to ruin your chance at some vaguely promised upgrade, they just want your opportunity to complain to pass you buy. Besides, they probably don't know right away if you gave them a bad survey or not.

Why do you think they told you to call back the first time? That way if you got a survey you'd be happy and give them good scores because you didn't get an answer you didn't like. They basically are trying to game the system to make their survey marks higher.

IF YOU ARE PISSED FILL OUT THE SURVEY AS NEGATIVELY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!! That may be a stretch, but...

It will make you feel a whole lot better and, from Sprint's side, it will help them get rid of the people that are pissing off their customers. I have been dealing with Sprint a lot lately because my Pre crapped out on me, and they seem to be taking the surveys very seriously.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

When I say that I have spent over 50 hours on the phone with stupid sprint customer service, believe me, I ain't lying. So after a lifetime of f-ing around with them over my 8th free touch pro replacement, and getting on good terms with products managers, floor managers, bs positions.. I found out that Sprint came under executive order to no longer offer anything beyond the $50 credit. So by all means harrass them, but I swear to you it gets you virtually nowhere. In the end some nub manager at the store "replaced" not upgraded my TP to a TP2... Which doesn't even make sense, but they did it anyway. The store people have the power, but aparently the best way to go is to have a rep on the phone or something on your online record putting in a good word for ya. Good luck dude.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudet41 View Post
I have no idea but it certainly does sound like a boatload of crap. But I would give you this piece of advice, where there is a will there is a way. Do not give up this easily. Call back again tomorrow and talk to a different person in retentions and explain. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the right person who will help you out. I know when my TP was having issues a couple of associates were not helpful at all but on my third call back I got someone who offered me the TP2 as a replacement.

I was just about to say the same thing. You simply need to call back and speak to the right person; one rude, lazy employee do not reflect on Sprint as a whole. Trust me I know, got my last three phones just like this and scored the EVO for 299.00 (minus another 100 rebate later) last night after being told by at least six others before that it was not possible. I am eligible for an upgrade in 9/10; retention rep will call me to order my phone on 6/4 - I have an email. As a matter of fact be sure to explain/stress how rude the rep was and you should be able to score an additional credit to you account to complement the upgrade. Good luck and remember keep calling back until someone takes care of you.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Carrier Discussion

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion