PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium

gave cotulla everything he needed for 3d.. so he should be running soon. This is what happens when you try to do everything from scratch.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
so i had the privledge to witness personally via .3pg video: NAND MAGLDR Sense, on the rhodium.... This video will not be release, so please do not ask. The fact that we know this is amazing enough. The tim eis not right for mass viewing because only 2d is currently functional, 3d is yet to be implemented. Thus meaning that the bootable awesomeness is very laggy and cumbersome... So hopefully, and to my belief, 3d implementation will make sense scream, comparatively, on our phones.....

Thank you Cotulla, you are the business. (as well as the DFT team)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
gave cotulla everything he needed for 3d.. so he should be running soon. This is what happens when you try to do everything from scratch.

Thanks to both of you for all the effort you guys have put into this community project!!!

And thanks to the DFT for choosing to support the TP2!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hongbao is a n00b
Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium ***UPDATED with VIDEO***

I just found out there was an update on DFT forum. I hate the high resolution of the screen now....
Old 03-07-2011, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

I dont know if this posted somewhere but wat is the significance of having MAGLDR? Will Android run much better with full functionality because of it? Sorry just trying to understand it better.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
I dont know if this posted somewhere but wat is the significance of having MAGLDR? Will Android run much better with full functionality because of it? Sorry just trying to understand it better.

You obviously didn't search though even 4 freaking pages. Not to sound like a PITA, but just freaking read, at least the first page of this thread, it's explained there. I'm not even gonna link it I'm getting so sick and tired of people not even bothering to read one bit. God bless all of you guys, not sure how the people are gonna make it in the real world needing to be spoon fed everything cuz no one wants to do anything for themselves, even something as simple as reading.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
You obviously didn't search though even 4 freaking pages. Not to sound like a PITA, but just freaking read, at least the first page of this thread, it's explained there. I'm not even gonna link it I'm getting so sick and tired of people not even bothering to read one bit. God bless all of you guys, not sure how the people are gonna make it in the real world needing to be spoon fed everything cuz no one wants to do anything for themselves, even something as simple as reading.
So, ive been reading this thread since it started, we have talked about MADLDR being another choice for NAND, and whether it would be helpful for bluetooth, but there isnt any talk about how this would progress our search for getting full functionality of our phones. I guess the significance is kind of outlined, but i was mainly thinking about how it would help us with getting all the features of our phone to work. And whether it would actually help our phones run faster, because the video that was recently posted didnt seem that way. I mean i guess i was wrong to ask what its significance is because that was listed but I was mainly wondering whether it would progress us in. Sorry i didnt make my question clear
Old 03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
So, ive been reading this thread since it started, we have talked about MADLDR being another choice for NAND, and whether it would be helpful for bluetooth, but there isnt any talk about how this would progress our search for getting full functionality of our phones. I guess the significance is kind of outlined, but i was mainly thinking about how it would help us with getting all the features of our phone to work. And whether it would actually help our phones run faster, because the video that was recently posted didnt seem that way. I mean i guess i was wrong to ask what its significance is because that was listed but I was mainly wondering whether it would progress us in. Sorry i didnt make my question clear
You forget that nand is actually a missing feature from haret. So yes, going nand is getting the device closer to completion.

BT and the rest are already floating around. So functionality wise its almost all there. NAND will be a debate for alot of people. I notice some love the ability to jump back and forth between winmo and android. But others want to run it natively which is why nand is around. Speed? well i think there is room for some improvements. But right now i think the devs are mainly concerned with getting the functionality down. The commits latey have been somewhat ugly but can be fixed easily.

Cotulla is having some issues with sense. Thing is sense is a resource hog and really poorly implemented by htc. I guess when you have devices with such high horsepower as the Evo it really doesnt matter. I'm a little bothered that the sense build was not released to the public. But ohh well, thats how it goes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
You forget that nand is actually a missing feature from haret. So yes, going nand is getting the device closer to completion.

BT and the rest are already floating around. So functionality wise its almost all there. NAND will be a debate for alot of people. I notice some love the ability to jump back and forth between winmo and android. But others want to run it natively which is why nand is around. Speed? well i think there is room for some improvements. But right now i think the devs are mainly concerned with getting the functionality down. The commits latey have been somewhat ugly but can be fixed easily.

Cotulla is having some issues with sense. Thing is sense is a resource hog and really poorly implemented by htc. I guess when you have devices with such high horsepower as the Evo it really doesnt matter. I'm a little bothered that the sense build was not released to the public. But ohh well, thats how it goes.
thanks acl. yeah i like the fact i can switch back and forth because then i can update the PRL and quick gps too. I have been trying to use android 100% of the time but the only thing that holds me back right now is the 3.5mm jack. I just get really excited when I see any progress.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
thanks acl. yeah i like the fact i can switch back and forth because then i can update the PRL and quick gps too. I have been trying to use android 100% of the time but the only thing that holds me back right now is the 3.5mm jack. I just get really excited when I see any progress.
Updating PRL etc. full nand.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...-nand-prl.html
Old 03-08-2011, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Was gonna appologize in PM but I'll do it in public. Sorry for jumping down your throat, as you well know, many times people don't bother reading and just ask questions that have already been answered. Sorry for jumping at you just for not clarifying your question!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2