PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium ***UPDATED with VIDEO*** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140761)

sprinttouch666 02-10-2011 12:09 AM

MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium ***UPDATED with VIDEO***

I have no idea whether CDMA will hinder this but in any case this is great news! :)

MAGLDR coming to HTC Topaz, Rhodium - Windows Phone Hacker

minor update: progress is being made! the project is probably still a ways off from being released, but a bootable sense rom has been made. Stay tuned folks!!!

update 2:
from Cotulla's twitter : "RHO's CPU is too slow and screen resolution too high for Sense,so we decide to make pure Android ROM based on Android 2.2/2.3"

VIDEO: YouTube - DFT ROH Android NAND ROM testing

killerkhatiby009 02-10-2011 12:22 AM

Re: MAGLDR being ported to Rhodium

This is great news!! Can't wait for a fully working NAND TP2 build! :D

docnas 02-10-2011 12:44 AM

I had checked the irc logs repeatedly today and was feeling preety gidddy hearing cotulla say that he actually was porting it over according to the last thign i read from him he was able to get tetris working :P

On top of that we have viruscrazy saying he had gottten bluetooth working and to top it off it seems ACL Natemcnutty and Lmiller seem to be on the cusp of getting nand to work so it was preety exciting today ...

rpierce99 02-10-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docnas (Post 2054001)
I had ched the irc logs today and was feeling preety gidddy hearing cotulla say that he actually was porting it over according to the last thign i read from him he was able to get tetris working :P

On top of that we have viruscrazy saying he had gottten bluetooth working and to top it off it seems ACL Natemcnutty and Lmiller seem to be on the cusp of getting nand to work so it was preety exciting today ...

Don't forget StineBD squashed system_server today with an update to RootFS

docnas 02-10-2011 12:50 AM

ooh i didnt see that one ! daym ! a few more days like today and the port could be done by the end of the week :P ....If wishes were horses, or in my case, If wishes were Ferrari's....

ndno 02-10-2011 01:07 AM

Wow... everything coming together!!! Can't wait until I'm on Android full-time. :headbang:

ndno 02-10-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpierce99 (Post 2054002)
Don't forget StineBD squashed system_server today with an update to RootFS

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to grab that and try it on FRX04!

manekineko 02-10-2011 02:24 AM

What's the difference between what MAGLDR does and tinboot, which is what I thought they've been using in the NAND thread?

gtmethod3 02-10-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2054045)
What's the difference between what MAGLDR does and tinboot, which is what I thought they've been using in the NAND thread?

I second this. What is so great about MAGLDR? I've seen it pop up here and there and heard great things, but don't exactly understand what it can really do.

MassStash 02-10-2011 12:22 PM

Thinks its like this:
NBH installs to internal storage kinda like winmo roms.
Magldr installs to nand acting sorta like native android, then clockwork mod could be adde to make even more like nativedroid, then roms are installed through magldr

Sent from my rhod400 using Tapatalk