PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing with gralloc. UPDATED 11.29.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by young0ne View Post
Naw Im cool with it but i asking cus this is what i get
In heret
mount --bind /sdcard/libGLES_qcom.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so
mounting no such file or directory
mount --bind /sdcard/gralloc.msm7k.so /system/lib/egl/gralloc.msm7k.so
mounting no such file or directory
mount --bind /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop

is it still mounting even tho its saying its not.
Well, if you read the first post you'd know that:

a) the build.prop is for the neopeek builds
b) you can't just bind mount the gralloc like that
c) you're mounting the gralloc in the wrong location.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

young0ne is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

so if i understand correctly

a) i need to take that out
b) that type of lingo i dont understand lol
c) the gralloc should be at the root of sd card and not in a folder. "which mean i put both file in the root"
Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Test Fps2D report:
Range: 20-25
Avg: 20

Range and avg a bit low when I run Fps2D just after deep sleep wake up. About -3 then it go up to normal.

Running ROM: XDANDROID.2.2.1.AOSP.FRX03.21.11.10.FULL_PACKAGE
Kernel modules:
- libGLES_qcom.so 11.29.10
- gralloc.msm7k.so 11.30.10
- build.prop 12.02.10

Run on microSD 2GB class 4
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

if you want your sdcard clean-lembed, so add these modules to a sub directory then change the path in the mount commands to that dir. In my case I did move all modules included build.prop to /sdcard/mods then add these lines to froyo.user.conf:
Code:
mount --bind /sdcard/mods/libGLES_qcom.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so
mount --bind /sdcard/mods/gralloc.msm7k.so /system/lib/egl/gralloc.msm7k.so
mount --bind /sdcard/mods/build.prop /system/build.prop

Last edited by tiger2wander; 12-10-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Tiad, you have my sympathies.

I wish it were legal across the country to use a concealed weapon to shoot any thieves on sight, whether a life is in danger or not. These kinds of people are (one of the many kinds of) scum in society that need to be removed (or least strongly discouraged) through direct and immediate action.

Also, please folks, if you take one thing away from this - Please start backing up your data!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
bad news guys

this morning i was put in gas on my "escalade". I took my keys with me. But i let the door unluck, somebody got in to my suv and took my laptop and 1 tb hard drive. oh my god. i had all my info. All my backup data. Everything was on that laptop and hard drive. The policy are review the tape right now. Man, this bad. I had important files.

sorry guys. I'll keep answering question. About 3d driver.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

FPS2D gave me:
20 fps on frx03, with 11.29 driver, 11.30 gralloc, 12.02 build.prop and no overclock.

Seems like this program only displays FPS in multiples of 5 (though averages can be in between).

Last edited by manekineko; 12-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well, if you read the first post you'd know that:

a) the build.prop is for the neopeek builds
I said this on XDA as well, but what makes you think that build.prop is only for neopeek builds? Doesn't say anything about that in the first post, and it definitely makes a difference for me on FRX03.

It's easy to verify it's doing something. Take FRX03 and try and run Angry Birds Lite (Lite is key). It won't run and will crash to home screen. Install the updated build.prop and it will run.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thanks a lot fellas. So its pretty clear with the results you guys have reported that the current framebuffer is most likely the reason why you cant hit 30. I asked the Topaz guys to run the test and it seems they are also bouncing around the 20s. Nand project uses the .35 frame buffer but porting that to the haret kernel can be a pain since other devices might break (damn raph and diamond usually the biggest bitches).

I'm trying to go beyond 30 now and see if we suffer from the same limitation the Evo did when it first came out. After all we do use the novtec driver the evo does so there might be similar limitations.

Another test i ran is the bullet jni profiler. This is also reporting 30fps but as soon as i bump up the number of objects the frame rate drops. Not sure if its because the complexity of the draw or the crunching power needed to figure out what goes where.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I said this on XDA as well, but what makes you think that build.prop is only for neopeek builds? Doesn't say anything about that in the first post, and it definitely makes a difference for me on FRX03.

It's easy to verify it's doing something. Take FRX03 and try and run Angry Birds Lite (Lite is key). It won't run and will crash to home screen. Install the updated build.prop and it will run.
I can CONFIRM that build.prop runs on FRX03 as well, Angry Birds Lite runs impressively well when build.prop is mounted... without build.prop continual FC's

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

FPS2D results, on FRX03, OC'd to 700Mhz: 19 FPS after about 3 minutes of running

Does FPS2D really measure anything having to do with the HW3D driver?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2