View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
[ACL]
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing with gralloc. UPDATED 11.29.10

Thanks a lot fellas. So its pretty clear with the results you guys have reported that the current framebuffer is most likely the reason why you cant hit 30. I asked the Topaz guys to run the test and it seems they are also bouncing around the 20s. Nand project uses the .35 frame buffer but porting that to the haret kernel can be a pain since other devices might break (damn raph and diamond usually the biggest bitches).

I'm trying to go beyond 30 now and see if we suffer from the same limitation the Evo did when it first came out. After all we do use the novtec driver the evo does so there might be similar limitations.

Another test i ran is the bullet jni profiler. This is also reporting 30fps but as soon as i bump up the number of objects the frame rate drops. Not sure if its because the complexity of the draw or the crunching power needed to figure out what goes where.