PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovka48 View Post
Tell why my 2.6.27.46-01276-g6a6a1c1-dirty.tar.gz has the size ~7Mb?
And with autobuild site 1.5Mb
Why kernel compilation occupies so much a lot of time?
Did all as in the first post for, but linux it is not loaded
And how correctly to collect archive of modules?
Need to 'strip' the modules file.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: MegaFon

vovka48 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Pls tell me how can i do it?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You're not compiling nand, you're doin haret btw jerryyyy..

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

Last edited by MassStash; 03-13-2011 at 03:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
You're not compiling nand, you're doin haret btw jerryyyy..

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Thanks. I guess I better understand the difference. I have been using Haret with testing the other builds. NAND I understand (superficiaqlly) also replaced the WinMo bootloader? That is a bit too radical for me. Have read of a few phones bricked that way.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Carrier: MegaFon

vovka48 is a n00b

I wanted to compile a kernel. Has started it in the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core
sudo apt-get install wine
mkdir android
cd android
git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/prebuilt.git

git clone git://gitorious.org/~acl/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm-rhod-nand.git

cd android
mkdir modules
cd linux-msm-rhod-nand
make clean
make ARCH=arm htc_msm_nand_defconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=~/android/modules zImage modules modules_install
All was compiled perfectly. Has replaced zimage with the and when I start haret.exe in WinMo there are 2 short vibrations and further all freeze. In what my mistake?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wow vovka, too much vodka for you..... NAND means Not Actually Needing Damn haret.... lol google nand, then google haret bro....

Last edited by MassStash; 03-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
wow vovka, too much vodka for you..... NAND means Not Actually Needing Damn haret.... lol google nand, then google haret bro....
Thanks, but I think we have probably both done that and NAND seems a touch scary to me with potential bricking of the phone more likely than with Haret. Is this a misperception?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Thanks, but I think we have probably both done that and NAND seems a touch scary to me with potential bricking of the phone more likely than with Haret. Is this a misperception?
Pretty difficult to brick the phone, and trust me, I have tried...

We are writing a bootloader (tinboot in this case) to the NAND which is executed, unpacks the kernel, and then runs the init/install scripts. I ended up having to write a document of this post because every time I start to update it, I either get pulled away, or we change something crucial :P

I'm still going to gear this toward NAND because we have a lot more control over cmdline and such with Haret, so you don't need some of the detail for that. I'll have a better explanation of the boot sequence in the Tinboot section too.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Pretty difficult to brick the phone, and trust me, I have tried...

We are writing a bootloader (tinboot in this case) to the NAND which is executed, unpacks the kernel, and then runs the init/install scripts. I ended up having to write a document of this post because every time I start to update it, I either get pulled away, or we change something crucial :P

I'm still going to gear this toward NAND because we have a lot more control over cmdline and such with Haret, so you don't need some of the detail for that. I'll have a better explanation of the boot sequence in the Tinboot section too.
Thanks for the help. I seem to have compiled all the modules required for Haret, but they seem located in this directory:

jerryyyyy@jerryyyyy-VirtualBox:~/android/modules/lib/modules/2.6.27.46-01276-g6a6a1c1$

According to the instructions: "Unfortunately, the modules still need to be packaged, so you will need to search for all .ko files, copy them into an empty directory and compress them into a tar.gz. The name will be modules-2.6.27.46-01192-version.tar.gz. "

I guess I need to compress this directiory (hope it is this simple).

I understand you all are busy, as am I, but, interesting to hack away at this....
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Thanks for the help. I seem to have compiled all the modules required for Haret, but they seem located in this directory:

jerryyyyy@jerryyyyy-VirtualBox:~/android/modules/lib/modules/2.6.27.46-01276-g6a6a1c1$

According to the instructions: "Unfortunately, the modules still need to be packaged, so you will need to search for all .ko files, copy them into an empty directory and compress them into a tar.gz. The name will be modules-2.6.27.46-01192-version.tar.gz. "

I guess I need to compress this directiory (hope it is this simple).

I understand you all are busy, as am I, but, interesting to hack away at this....
afaik you don't want to just gzip the directory, what I did is write a short shell script that copies all of the .ko files (searching recursively) to a different folder and then gzips that, using the modues-versionstuff.tar.gz format. I don't remember where I found the example script (could have been the first post or a link from the first post) but I only had to make some small modifications to get it to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2