View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 AM
jerryyyyy
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Pretty difficult to brick the phone, and trust me, I have tried...

We are writing a bootloader (tinboot in this case) to the NAND which is executed, unpacks the kernel, and then runs the init/install scripts. I ended up having to write a document of this post because every time I start to update it, I either get pulled away, or we change something crucial :P

I'm still going to gear this toward NAND because we have a lot more control over cmdline and such with Haret, so you don't need some of the detail for that. I'll have a better explanation of the boot sequence in the Tinboot section too.
Thanks for the help. I seem to have compiled all the modules required for Haret, but they seem located in this directory:

jerryyyyy@jerryyyyy-VirtualBox:~/android/modules/lib/modules/2.6.27.46-01276-g6a6a1c1$

According to the instructions: "Unfortunately, the modules still need to be packaged, so you will need to search for all .ko files, copy them into an empty directory and compress them into a tar.gz. The name will be modules-2.6.27.46-01192-version.tar.gz. "

I guess I need to compress this directiory (hope it is this simple).

I understand you all are busy, as am I, but, interesting to hack away at this....