View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
rpierce99
PPCGeeks Regular

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Thanks for the help. I seem to have compiled all the modules required for Haret, but they seem located in this directory:

jerryyyyy@jerryyyyy-VirtualBox:~/android/modules/lib/modules/2.6.27.46-01276-g6a6a1c1$

According to the instructions: "Unfortunately, the modules still need to be packaged, so you will need to search for all .ko files, copy them into an empty directory and compress them into a tar.gz. The name will be modules-2.6.27.46-01192-version.tar.gz. "

I guess I need to compress this directiory (hope it is this simple).

I understand you all are busy, as am I, but, interesting to hack away at this....
afaik you don't want to just gzip the directory, what I did is write a short shell script that copies all of the .ko files (searching recursively) to a different folder and then gzips that, using the modues-versionstuff.tar.gz format. I don't remember where I found the example script (could have been the first post or a link from the first post) but I only had to make some small modifications to get it to work.