PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnham is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This app is incompatible with your Mid-Tex Cellular Phone.

I am trying to install the WatchESPN app from the Android Market, but I'm getting the following message:
This app is incompatible with your Mid-Tex Cellular Phone.

I think this message is a result of no listed "Maker" or "Model" for the TP2 in Android Market. However, this app only requires Android 2.2+ and Adobe AIR, so it should be available. I have installed the Adobe AIR apk manually using the xda-developers shared file. I can't find the WatchESPN apk download anywhere.

Does anyone know how I can either get around this error message in the Android Market, or how to get the WatchESPN apk elsewhere?

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: This app is incompatible with your Mid-Tex Cellular Phone.

Google is your friend.

Watch ESPN - Android

As for the app being incompatible, who knows. It might not be compatible... the only way to truly get around errors like that is something like Market Enabler. Something that will allow you to spoof the device you're using, so it appears you're using another device.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

auburnham is a n00b

Thank you for the reply. I had already found that link by searching Google. All it does is redirect to the official Android Market. I have also tried MarketEnabler, but that doesn't spoof the Maker/Model, just the carrier.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
Thank you for the reply. I had already found that link by searching Google. All it does is redirect to the official Android Market. I have also tried MarketEnabler, but that doesn't spoof the Maker/Model, just the carrier.
Bummer... I'll see what else I can dig up, don't hold your breath.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

The make/model of the phone is in /system/build.prop, you can edit it with a text editor.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPRO2

yjjadara is a n00b

build.prop .. says,,,,

ro.build.version.release=2.2.2
ro.product.model=MSM
ro.product.name=full_msm
ro.product.device=msm
ro.product.board=msm

Which one should I change? How??

Thank you,
Old 08-21-2011, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjadara View Post
build.prop .. says,,,,

ro.build.version.release=2.2.2
ro.product.model=MSM
ro.product.name=full_msm
ro.product.device=msm
ro.product.board=msm

Which one should I change? How??

Thank you,
This is for netflix but the process is the same no matter what you're trying to install: How to easily install the Netflix app on your Android phone (Root required) | Android and Me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

auburnham is a n00b

I've tried this several times with ES File Explorer, but my file system appears to be corrupt after every attempt to edit build.prop. The result is an endless cycle at the "bots drawing XDAndroid" screen after reboot.

Since I'm not sure what the problem is, I've tried different strings for the model & manufacturer in build.prop, I've tried rebooting after enabling root access in ES File Explorer (before editing build.prop), but I always get the same result. I formatted the SD card & refreshed the files after each failed attempt.

I've also successfully mounted the data.img and rootfs.img file structures using EXT2IFS and FileDisk to try editing the build.prop in Windows, but I can't find it in either structure.

Can anyone offer any further direction on how to safely edit the /system/build.prop file? Perhaps a better file explorer & text editor program? Has anyone even been successful changing the model & manufacturer in build.prop of XDAndroid?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
I've tried this several times with ES File Explorer, but my file system appears to be corrupt after every attempt to edit build.prop. The result is an endless cycle at the "bots drawing XDAndroid" screen after reboot.

Since I'm not sure what the problem is, I've tried different strings for the model & manufacturer in build.prop, I've tried rebooting after enabling root access in ES File Explorer (before editing build.prop), but I always get the same result. I formatted the SD card & refreshed the files after each failed attempt.

I've also successfully mounted the data.img and rootfs.img file structures using EXT2IFS and FileDisk to try editing the build.prop in Windows, but I can't find it in either structure.

Can anyone offer any further direction on how to safely edit the /system/build.prop file? Perhaps a better file explorer & text editor program? Has anyone even been successful changing the model & manufacturer in build.prop of XDAndroid?
copy build.prop out to your sd card and then use the "mount" command with the "--bind" parameter to "mount bind" the sdcard version of the file over the top of the other.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

auburnham is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
copy build.prop out to your sd card and then use the "mount" command with the "--bind" parameter to "mount bind" the sdcard version of the file over the top of the other.
Thanks for the reply. I can't find a "--bind" option for filedisk. I tried copying the build.prop file to the sd card using ES File Explorer, editing the file there, then copying it back to /system, but got the same result.
Can you help me with more details of your proposed method?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2