PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Oct. 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
great, that worked. if you dont mind now the gps isn't working and it said it should work when i downloaded it. is there a fix that you know of that i can try?
Make sure you've got a clear view of the sky, and I noticed lockons happen MUCH faster if I update with QuickGPS in WinMo before booting Android. GPS Status is supposed to do the same thing in Android, and it seems to work as well. Just make sure to keep that data up-to-date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

u2rock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have couple of Qs:
I have 8BG SD card with some apps installed for WinMO. Can I use same card without reformat to download Android? Otherwise I would lose those apps when I switch to Winmo.
I saw .cab file for Froyo from Project Android. DO I only get to install .cab file and I am good to go?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

That is how mine is set up. All the Android and WinMo stuff is all together. No need to format the card. Be sure when asked, to install Android to the card. Welcome to the Future!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Make sure you've got a clear view of the sky, and I noticed lockons happen MUCH faster if I update with QuickGPS in WinMo before booting Android. GPS Status is supposed to do the same thing in Android, and it seems to work as well. Just make sure to keep that data up-to-date.
This is great info, never heard of GPS Status before. I'd nominate this for inclusion in the FAQ.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

rclark is a n00b

Okay, I get it. I'm a newbie that is chronologically past his prime. Where do I start to learn this stuff? Do I have to take a bazillion IT classes in linux, A+, etc etc? Is there any easy way to learn the fundamentals? Any and All help will be greatly appreciated
Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark
Okay, I get it. I'm a newbie that is chronologically past his prime. Where do I start to learn this stuff? Do I have to take a bazillion IT classes in linux, A+, etc etc? Is there any easy way to learn the fundamentals? Any and All help will be greatly appreciated
and Depends on what you want to learn. In my opinion, classes are a waste when you are just getting started. Check out a book from the local library on your subject of interest, then take an intermediate class from a comminuty college. That will get you a solid baseline to start from.

Also, remember that you don't have to learn all aspects of it. Each of the xdandroid devs have specific areas that they really excel at and others they don't bother spending time learning. Pick something specific that interests you and go for it
Old 11-10-2010, 04:33 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark View Post
lol nate on the depends.. no insult intended rclark... :>))
You don't need any of that stuff...
Read the first post here over & over until you understand it.
Then read this several times until you understand it..
Pre/Post ROM flash tasks+Backup/restore, Start 2 Finish Guide+Android*ENERGY
Wala, you just learned this stuff... :>))

Of course I'm ass-uming you meant: how to work & mod your TP2... because you are in a phone forum..
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

teradog- thanks for putting this together. I am so bored with WinMo so I thought I'd give Android a go. I had a question after reading all your info and then the info posted over at Project Android. They go into it quite a lot, and make a big deal of taking out your SIM, and if you don't because you need it then follow the GSM build. My phone is a Sprint CDMA, but I use it exclusively on a GSM network. So would I use the CDMA build or the GSM?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
teradog- thanks for putting this together. I am so bored with WinMo so I thought I'd give Android a go. I had a question after reading all your info and then the info posted over at Project Android. They go into it quite a lot, and make a big deal of taking out your SIM, and if you don't because you need it then follow the GSM build. My phone is a Sprint CDMA, but I use it exclusively on a GSM network. So would I use the CDMA build or the GSM?

Thanks!
GSM sir. Android is a one-or-the-other kinda deal at the moment, even tho our phones are capable of both.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark View Post
lol nate on the depends.. no insult intended rclark... :>))
You don't need any of that stuff...
Read the first post here over & over until you understand it.
Then read this several times until you understand it..
Pre/Post ROM flash tasks+Backup/restore, Start 2 Finish Guide+Android*ENERGY
Wala, you just learned this stuff... :>))

Of course I'm ass-uming you meant: how to work & mod your TP2... because you are in a phone forum..
LOL... for some reason I thought I was in a different thread and had interpreted the post as wanting to learn how to develop stuff... That's what happens when you mix cold medicine with beer

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2