PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

NSTar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010

Just got done installing and getting used to the interface. Not as easy to use as windows. Took me 4 tries to install correctly.

Question: How do you turn off the backlight when the screen goes blank? You can still see that, eventhough it's suppose to go to sleep, you can see the light is still on...albiet black.

also, I did the 700Mhz OC... is there an app to make it dynamic OC?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTar View Post
Just got done installing and getting used to the interface. Not as easy to use as windows. Took me 4 tries to install correctly.

Question: How do you turn off the backlight when the screen goes blank? You can still see that, eventhough it's suppose to go to sleep, you can see the light is still on...albiet black.

also, I did the 700Mhz OC... is there an app to make it dynamic OC?
It's much easier to use than windows IMO.

there is no dynamic OC tool that I'm aware of...

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
phone issue

phone setting does not work in android, getting no service message, any suggestions??
Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
phone setting does not work in android, getting no service message, any suggestions??
Yes, Search the other threads in this forum, ther are multiple posts providing solutions for your issue.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Yes, Search the other threads in this forum, ther are multiple posts providing solutions for your issue.
Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
thanks & thanked for getting some of these Q's! ..been 2 busy.. btw, how the heck did you get a rep not divisible by 5 ?! Ha!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Shouldn't this site be in here somewhere?
Linux kernel zImages and modules for htc-msm-linux
done, thanks & thanked
Old 09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
thanks & thanked for getting some of these Q's! ..been 2 busy.. btw, how the heck did you get a rep not divisible by 5 ?! Ha!
lol Mindfrost said once, if you're thanked by other VIP'ers or folks who were members before the current rep system then rep factors that in or something along those lines.

I get pretty busy too, but try to help in here if/when I know the answer. I love it in this thread!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

having a problem with the launcher pro i guess the one i was using expired now whenever i load up android a webpage tellin me the newer versions of it to save but when i try to save it it says theres no sd card in the phone and i cant do anything else when i try to go back to the home screen the webpage loads back up so i cant do anything

what can i do?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cvcxl is a n00b

looks like there has been a lot of great work making Android come alive on TP2. I'm seriously considering trying this when I have free time this weekend.

I'm curious... are you all using Android as your primary phone OS or is this just for fun?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcxl View Post
looks like there has been a lot of great work making Android come alive on TP2. I'm seriously considering trying this when I have free time this weekend.

I'm curious... are you all using Android as your primary phone OS or is this just for fun?
There are some brave souls that use it full-time... I say the less you use your phone as a phone, the better off you are - because most things work well, but the phone function has its issues...

With the newest battery improvements, and the patches to come make it possible to run it all day. There's also a flashable version (**NOTE** not a full NAND) if you want to completely get rid of WinMo, but that version is a little bit behind the 'normal' version of Android - the one that runs entirely off of the SD.

So if you did want to run it full time, it's certainly possible - but I wouldn't recommend it if you depend on your phone for business calls, or need it to wake you up in the morning

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2