PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Are there any instructions on hack the rootfs (keymap) for end-key?
Thank you!
Uhhh I guess I could make you some, but I don't see why. You'll lose long press -> recent apps. Plus, how many native Android devices have end keys? .
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uhhh I guess I could make you some, but I don't see why. You'll lose long press -> recent apps. Plus, how many native Android devices have end keys? .
Because when I am on a call, the screen go dark, and I have to hit Power to wake the screen to hit soft end-key, and sometimes, it takes few secs to end the call. That's why I wanted hard end-key.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Because when I am on a call, the screen go dark, and I have to hit Power to wake the screen to hit soft end-key, and sometimes, it takes few secs to end the call. That's why I wanted hard end-key.
New stuff has prox sensor enabled .
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zeina328 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Thanks for the detailed guide. I tried FRX7.1 on my htc touch pro2 (sprint) and it worked well, but the wifi connection and the phone services didn't work. I removed the battery and restarted the phone, the service worked but the wifi didn't work.
just wanted to ask you if i missed something or need to update.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeina328 View Post
Thanks for the detailed guide. I tried FRX7.1 on my htc touch pro2 (sprint) and it worked well, but the wifi connection and the phone services didn't work. I removed the battery and restarted the phone, the service worked but the wifi didn't work.
just wanted to ask you if i missed something or need to update.
Thanks again for your help.
Did you change anything on the FRX07.1 bundle? Different kernel, rootfs, etc?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/with XDAdriod

suavebody is a n00b

Love the XDAndroid but...How come i cant receive any text messages???????? Did i miss something???
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by suavebody View Post
Love the XDAndroid but...How come i cant receive any text messages???????? Did i miss something???
Hrm. You're on Sprint? Are you using Sprint for texts or Google Voice? What have you tried?

I have Sprint on a RHOD400, no issues with SMS here. I typically use Google Voice tho.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Lurker

suavebody is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm. You're on Sprint? Are you using Sprint for texts or Google Voice? What have you tried?

I have Sprint on a RHOD400, no issues with SMS here. I typically use Google Voice tho.
Same here...Sprint on a RHOD400...Its weird..i can send text but im not receiving any..smh Dont know what google voice is but i will check that out!!!!

Last edited by suavebody; 02-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Lurker

suavebody is a n00b

One more question. Is there something i can do to make my TP2/andriod run faster??? I seen something about "overclocking"<< not sure about this stuff?? If there is a link, can you please post it??? thanks

Last edited by suavebody; 02-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Same here...Sprint on a RHOD400...Its weird..i can send text but im not receiving any..smh Dont know what google voice is but i will check that out!!!!
You shouldn't need Google Voice, I was just asking if you use it.

So you can send, but you don't receive any? Do you see the signal bars go to 1x when you are receiving a text?

Have you updated to the newest kernel, rootfs, etc? Shouldn't have anything to do with it, just trying to rule things out.

Quote:
One more question. Is there something i can do to make my TP2/andriod run faster??? I seen something about "overclocking"<< not sure about this stuff?? If there is a link, can you please post it??? thanks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2