PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
I DL'ed Droid Explorer, now it reads the folders, but I don't see my entire storage card via USB, any ideas?

I had all my contacts in WM Outlook, how do I transfer them from WM to Android.
...Did you look at /sdcard? Pretty sure that's your entire SD card, lol.

I use Google Sync. Seems the easiest by far, as it keeps in sync between WinMo and Android - assuming you have your contacts synced to the same Google account on both platforms. Please read the FAQ.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
...Did you look at /sdcard? Pretty sure that's your entire SD card, lol.

I use Google Sync. Seems the easiest by far, as it keeps in sync between WinMo and Android - assuming you have your contacts synced to the same Google account on both platforms. Please read the FAQ.
Thanks, arrrghhh, I got it sync...
Do you have an issue when you type using the phone's kb, it spit out several letters (i.e. typing "hello" spit out "hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeellllloooooo"), is this to do with any settings or known issue?

Sometimes, I feel like it's very XDAndroid is VERY slow even with or without data off, anything to make it faster?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Any success getting "SPB Shell 3D" working with XDAndroid, it's not launching it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks, arrrghhh, I got it sync...
Do you have an issue when you type using the phone's kb, it spit out several letters (i.e. typing "hello" spit out "hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeellllloooooo"), is this to do with any settings or known issue?

Sometimes, I feel like it's very XDAndroid is VERY slow even with or without data off, anything to make it faster?
Assuming you're on the newest, this bug is squashed. The system is slow at times, deal with it or get a new phone. There's little tweaks you can do, but overall the device is pretty slow.

Quote:
Any success getting "SPB Shell 3D" working with XDAndroid, it's not launching it.
Dunno, don't really care because that sounds like complete bloatware, but you haven't posted any logs so I can't help you.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-03-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Assuming you're on the newest, this bug is squashed. The system is slow at times, deal with it or get a new phone. There's little tweaks you can do, but overall the device is pretty slow.
I updated everything from your first post, but still get the long type hhhhhhhhhhhhh

I understand this is slow, but is there anything I can do to make it faster? i.e. can I install Android on internal phone memory and make it faster?

I really appreciate all ur hardwork and great support.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Flash it to NAND then, or read my speed improvements thread. Seriously tho, even with the slowness I haven't experienced that key repeat bug in... 5-6 months?

Sent from my MSM on the PPCGeeks App
Old 01-04-2012, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mzel is a n00b
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

I do get key repeat on both hardware and software keyboards
Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Is it possible when I hit on end-button (hard button), to end the call, now it doesn't end the call, I have to hit the soft-end-the call button, please assist.

When the phone is on sleep, it takes few secs to wake it, is it happening for every1 else?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Is it possible when I hit on end-button (hard button), to end the call, now it doesn't end the call, I have to hit the soft-end-the call button, please assist.

When the phone is on sleep, it takes few secs to wake it, is it happening for every1 else?

Thanks!
1. Hack the rootfs. It's part of the keymap...

2. Sometimes, yes. Depends... I find if I place my finger where the swipe unlock bar should be, it wakes the phone.

This bug is pretty ancient, dates back to when panel init was first setup - because initially the panel was never shut off, it was always on sucking power. Well, the collapse process is easy but the wake process isn't so.

ACL has pretty much nailed the panel init stuff in NAND (at least it certainly feels that way!) and emwe is trying to port that work back to HaRET but is having issues...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Are there any instructions on hack the rootfs (keymap) for end-key?
Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2